This makes me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, I take good care of my beaters even. But when money comes to someone too easily, they truly don't care. If they worked hard for every penny they spent on it, they would treat it differently.

It's the same mentality as a guy who buys a $50-60k 4x4 pickup truck and then immediately takes it out into a field to show off.

I mention this because I know of such a person. The truck was one day old. During his show off time in the field he snapped the axle.

Guess who he blamed? Ford.

What's wrong with taking it to the drag strip and doing a few donuts? It's a car, it'll be fine.

Originally Posted by PimTac
It's the same mentality as a guy who buys a $50-60k 4x4 pickup truck and then immediately takes it out into a field to show off.

I mention this because I know of such a person. The truck was one day old. During his show off time in the field he snapped the axle.

Guess who he blamed? Ford.

I'm glad I grew out of that stage of life.. when I was 15.

Some people work hard, are successful, and play hard.

I'm sure some people would be offended by how I've used some of my vehicles that I paid for.

Their cars, their money.

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
... I would never in a MILLION YEARS treat vehicle like this. IMO opinion it's flat out mechanical abuse, plain and simple.

Would I thrash a Lambo on a dragstrip like that ? Probably not ... but, hey, it's NOT MY CAR. At least the owner is enjoying the performance of a hyper car by actually driving it ... !

Um, that is why you buy a high performance car, right? I don't see people with cheap cars like a Prius or KIA at the drag strip....

So using a vehicle as intended makes you sick?

Do you barf at trucks with a bed full of gravel?

Come to the next PCA event at Charlotte or VIR - you'll projectile vomit as we all "abuse" our Porsches.

21.gif
hmmm....cool piece of machinery.

Originally Posted by 02SE

I'm sure some people would be offended by how I've used some of my vehicles that I paid for.

Their cars, their money.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Their cars, their money.

This kind of behavior generally shows how they treat/behave everything. Which is fine. Problem is, that people like that usually treat other people similar to material things they buy.

You may not like the guy, but in the end he concluded that the NAPA Gold and Wix were the best of the 5 he tested and I would agree. Although I am not sure what model of WIX he tested. It was black.

Originally Posted by edyvw

Their cars, their money.

This kind of behavior generally shows how they treat/behave everything. Which is fine. Problem is, that people like that usually treat other people similar to material things they buy.

Or not.

Not seeing the issue?

They're taking a vehicle purpose built around going fast and hauling [censored], and doing just that.

If I had the cash to float on that caliber of vehicle, I certainly wouldn't drive it like a grandma. That's what a prius is for!

For goodness sake, these folks are working hard and playing hard. Leave the poor lads alone

Originally Posted by edyvw

Their cars, their money.

Or not.

Yeah I tend to agree, you would cringe at the life my WS6 has led. 1. I don't treat my other stuff like that. 2. I bought it for that exact purpose 3. It is certainly not how I treat other people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back