Slanderous Fram Orange Can Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally get worked up about our 1st. world problems, but this guy gets under my skin. After using a grinding wheel to cut open the filter, he claims that the "cardboard" ends are already falling apart. He repeatedly claims the interior is rusted, but never clearly shows it. What's phenomenal is how the commenters buy it, hook, line, and sinker. The filter ends are obviously damaged from the grinder and who knows how much grinding wheel debris got deposited inside the filter. I don't know how Fram has so much patience.

LOL i just watched this the other day and thought the same thing. I've been running Fram OCD filters for years and have never had a single issue. Granted I don't do Extended OCI's either. My max is 5000 miles

Youtube clickbait titled videos are cancerous misinformation.

The comments are even worse.

It seems like he refers to the cardboard end cap when speaking about rust. I'm surprised he didn't push something like a K&N oil filter as the best.

I also love that when he unrolls the fram filter media it looks all torn up like he tried to make it look worse.

Last edited:
So many people on the forums still bashing Fram. It's the ignorant ones who never bothered to open a single filter.

It's the world we live in now
Same reason diet pills are a billon dollar business
People will believe anything nowadays

Of course the comments are full of:

HURRR My Dodge only lasted 100k miles because of SCAM oil fitlers and bad pennzoil oil.

haha its funny, when I started lurking here many years ago Purolator was the darling of BITOG and only a few members were brave enough to speak up about Fram's not being the boogyman of any ICE. Now its almost flipped 180 degrees.

Its made of cardboard and its rusting!
crazy.gif

Originally Posted by Tman220
haha its funny, when I started lurking here many years ago Purolator was the darling of BITOG and only a few members were brave enough to speak up about Fram's not being the boogyman of any ICE. Now its almost flipped 180 degrees.

I wouldnt say 180 degrees. I have nothing against the orange can except overpriced.

Fram Ultra is not related to normal fram filters.

If I wanted an orange can of death, you can just buy the supertech version for half the price.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
Other than filtering efficiency, is there any advantage to using a Fram Ultra over an OCOD for 5k mile intervals?

That is dependant on the person and the application..

To me yes in my 2.0T powered jeep, no in the 2010 accent.

If you want to take a shot at Fram, take it's low end filter that is not even the upgraded ADBV Extra Guard and compare it to a premium Wix. He is choosing his champion before he starts. No need to wear a cowboy hat indoors to keep the sun out of his eyes.

Originally Posted by Bill_W
No need to wear a cowboy hat indoors to keep the sun out of his eyes.

The cowboy hat adds to his 'character' and makes him out to look like an honest, trustworthy authority figure.

If this is incorrect then Fram should file slander charges in court and make UTube take the video down.

I am sick of fake and misleading news and videos.

Rod

Wearing a hat inside is for what? He uses a grinder to open the can, spewing abrasive all over his shop equipment. But there is a filter cutter sitting on the bench. The way he thrusts the Fram out with his arms shows his personality. In the USA though we are allowed to voice our opinions even if they are seen wrong to others. We can even make fictional claims and skits, it's allowed. We can also sue someone for damages and win if we can prove it. We can't win damages by just saying we don't like what someone says.
49.gif

Originally Posted by Rand

If I wanted an orange can of death, you can just buy the supertech version for half the price.

Except that if I remember right the supertech is an ecore with a nitrile combo valve. The current orange can has a silicone ADBV and a separate bypass valve. The media in the orange can also different and more efficient than the supertech. Really a completely different animal.

Last edited:
Just another YouTube hack biased filter reviewer that doesn't fully understand oil filters and does everything he can to skew reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back