Castrol Edge 0W-40 lost LL-01?

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Castrol has had the new bottle label graphic for a while now. Losing LL-01 is very recent.

Yup. My guess is Bullwinkle007 is referring to this design:

[Linked Image]

I have not seen the newest design (without the LL-01 spec) yet.

Walmart.com still has the older Castrol Edge w/ the BMW spec, for about $2 cheaper than in the store. Free shipping if you buy two, and free pickup. With tax it winds up about $5 cheaper than if I went to the store.

Originally Posted by Tone
Originally Posted by Benzadmiral
Walmart.com still has the older Castrol Edge w/ the BMW spec, for about $2 cheaper than in the store. Free shipping if you buy two, and free pickup. With tax it winds up about $5 cheaper than if I went to the store.

Amazon had it over $31 last week. Now same as Walmart

https://www.amazon.com/Castrol-0310...;qid=1552963281&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Wow jacking up the price as it gets phased out.

Some arrived at my house today from walmart.com. Still shows BMW approval and made in Belgium. I think I will stock up on some more

Originally Posted by dlundblad
To those of you with a BMW out of warranty, does this bother you?

No.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Fuchs still has an approved LL-01 0w-40 for the moment

Any FUCHS purchases I have made of the past year have been through Germanparts.ca. But as far as I can see they dont carry the 0W40. Any idea where one can obtain this in Ontario?

Originally Posted by 21Rouge

Any FUCHS purchases I have made of the past year have been through Germanparts.ca. But as far as I can see they dont carry the 0W40. Any idea where one can obtain this in Ontario?

Nope, maybe they can order it?
21.gif

Originally Posted by 21Rouge

Nope, maybe they can order it?
21.gif

I used to be able to get FUCHS from https://autocamping.ca/ but they no longer sell to the public.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
To those of you with a BMW out of warranty, does this bother you?

I still have a stash of 3 jugs of the German 0w40 with the LL spec still listed, but when I can't find that anymore I don't have a problem still using this oil, especially if I can still find it on sale at Canadian Tire for 50% off.

Originally Posted by bobbydavro
What if the formulation hasn't changed ?
wink.gif

Is it very costly to extend an approval such as BMW LL-01?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by bobbydavro
What if the formulation hasn't changed ?
wink.gif

Is it very costly to extend an approval such as BMW LL-01?

It's not, but I am not sure BMW is going with LL01 anymore.

I picked up a jug and an 8.00 single bottle of the LL-01 Castrol at my local Walmart last night, and will stash them until time for my oil change at 30K miles. Possibly I will grab some more to last me through the CPO warranty period, until March of 2020, and then . . .? Mobil 1, I suppose.

Back