Sometimes, choices are made for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, 3 months ago I moved from the larger city I lived in to a small city about 85 miles away to get a house, yard, privacy...etc...

A 'consequence' of that is we will be doing a lot less driving, going from 20k/year to probably about 10k.

Now that I have carport, basement, and can do my own OC's when I want, being a typical BITOGER, I started 'agonizing' over what oil and interval to run.

But some choices are made for you....was in the local WM the other day, and they had 5L jugs of Castrol HM semi-syn on the $12 each. You can't get conventional on sale for that price!

Choice made. Now just to have warm enough weather to change out the M1 EP with like 17k on it!

Such a harsh life !
lol.gif

I lived in a suburb of a large city but now live in the township on 5 acres and am still only 7 miles from work. Acreage is VERY expensive when your close to a big city. I could have lived on many more acres for less money but my wife and I can go to dozens of different restaurants within 15 minutes of our home.

Last edited:
I didn't end up with acreage, but did end up with a small brick bungalow on a corner lot that borders on a ravine with a river running though it.
Room to garden, very private, and beautiful. I'd like it a bit larger with a proper garage, but it was the best we could find in our budget and on our timeline (city condo sold VERY fast above asking).

I went from 60 miles per day with 5,000 OCIs to 5 mile/day at annual OCIs to current 30 miles/day and still at annual OCIs despite mileage.

Originally Posted by addyguy
was in the local WM the other day, and they had 5L jugs of Castrol HM semi-syn on the $12 each. You can't get conventional on sale for that price!

Choice made. Now just to have warm enough weather to change out the M1 EP with like 17k on it!

Sounds good to me. Where do you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back