New Exmark Lazer Z / Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy just bought a new Lazer Z s-series with a FX801 Kawasaki. He's wondering what oil he should run after break in.
Kawasaki chart says 10w40 or 20w50.
We live in Florida , it gets " Africa Hot " down here in the summer. I'm thinking Rotella T6 5w40 ?
Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
Kawasaki chart says 10w40 or 20w50. Why would you want to run a 5W oil in Fla ? What about the transmissions

I would just run a good syn 10W-40 like Mobil 1 HM. Or their Motorcycle 10W-40 syn on clearance at some Walmarts for $3 a qt.....

Originally Posted by CT8
Kawasaki chart says 10w40 or 20w50. Why would you want to run a 5W oil in Fla ? What about the transmissions

Because the local walmart only has T6 in 5w40. Exmark hyrdo pump oil in the hydros.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Use what Kawasaki says and if any warranty issues comes up, the dealer wont give him an excuse to void it.

After I posted , I thought about that. 10w40 Mobil 4 T ?

Thanks , fellas.

Last edited:
I have a Kawasaki in my Scagg Zero Turn mower (Florida also) and when I tried 5W-40 or 15W-40 it used oil. I went with Mobil 1 15W-50 synthetic and have had no problems since. It has a pretty stout additive package.

I can not recall wich bitog user it was...but he has/had? retail shop or service shop on Florida..and all he was/is using was/is Mobil1 15w50...

Kawasaki makes a great engine. I was a little surprised to see 20-50 as a recommendation
But a good synthetic in either weight will serve you well

I have a gravely 100 series zero turn with the Kaw engine. I use Delo 400 15/40 in mine. It is CK/SN so it meets the gasoline engine specs.
Cheap too as compared to using some specialty oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back