Sears Hometown Stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it's up in the air if the primary Sears brand remains (they've been given another shot at staying in business), it seems that they have independently owned stores that carry the "Sears Hometown" branding and they sell a lot of the familiar brands we know.

There's one on the polar opposite side of the town from where I live so I doubt I'd go, but curious if anyone here has shopped at one?

I would imagine the service is good since you're dealing with an indie business owner and not a faceless megacorp, but it's not as if Craftsman and Kenmore still carry the brand recognition they once used to.

I bought a lawn tractor at my local one 5 years ago.
They are now gone, doors closed in the last round of mayhem that used to be Sears.
Lots of huge companies from the past are just gone:
Sears
Kodak
Blockbuster
Radio Shack
Polaroid
TWA

I predict within the next 5, Xerox.

There's one in the small town near our family cottage in Northern Michigan. Town isn't big enough to have many "real" stores. (Not even big enough for a McDonalds or Burger King.)

They carry appliances, tools, lawn & garden equipment, etc. All the hardware a full Sears store carries without the clothing, luggage, etc.

Decent store for a small town. Don't remember their pricing, but it was a nice addition to a small town.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
While it's up in the air if the primary Sears brand remains (they've been given another shot at staying in business), it seems that they have independently owned stores that carry the "Sears Hometown" branding and they sell a lot of the familiar brands we know.

There's one on the polar opposite side of the town from where I live so I doubt I'd go, but curious if anyone here has shopped at one?

I would imagine the service is good since you're dealing with an indie business owner and not a faceless megacorp, but it's not as if Craftsman and Kenmore still carry the brand recognition they once used to.

What is this SEARS you speak of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back