What's everyone's thoughts on straight talk wireless

What is everyone's thoughts on LG phones like the LG Rebel 3 and other LG phones? I kinda like that they are thinner than my S7 and IPhone SE

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by WagonWheel
Used Straight Talk for a few months for my daughter's phone ( unlocked AT&T iPhone 6). No issues with coverage...

Same exact scenario with me, except had her on that for about a year.

I've since moved myself and 3 of my kids on to Cricket. Four smart phones, unlimited everything for $100/mo all-in. Three of the phones were deals through Cricket. 2 Motorolas and one Samsung. Moved my Daughter's iPhone over from ST. Our cap on cellphone purchases is <$200. They break that, they get something cheaper.

Last edited:
You can't necessarily use your phone on a different network. Check the LTE bands that your phone supports and make sure that they are compatible with your intended network. Most iPhones and some others natively support virtually every LTE band. There may also be some limitations on voice over wifi.

Another good option if you travel alot is Google Fi, which uses Sprint, T-mobile, and US cellular domestically. With Google Fi all data worldwide is billed at the same price. They also have a price cap. International Long distance (e.g. calling another country) from the US is much cheaper per min than most other carriers so (usually 1-2 c/min)

I hear of no issues with straight talk I'm on simple mobile which is a sister company of tracfone and straight talk etc and haven't come across any issues. If straight talk uses vz network I heard vz wants to purchase tracfone so any network account setting or data changes could be effected do to contract arrangements tracfone has with vz. Simple mobile runs of tmobile other than not the speediest of data speeds all works fine hotspot etc.

Back