Bad Vette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love the looks of the 69 vette.....insane

[Linked Image]

I prefer the 1963 myself, but those C3s were awesome when they still had the chrome bumpers.

Those wheels....*yawn* Torque Thrust 2: the most played out muscle car wheel!

The stance and the flowing lines are gorgeous. The engines back then were great for back yard mechanics. Personally I like those wheels for one thing they are correct for the era and bicycle wheels can`t go away fast enough.

Beautiful Vette. The wheels are almost perfect. They need to be 15x7 front and 15x10 rear though. I just don't like the "all wheel" and a rubber band tire, even if it has 20" of tread on the ground.

The one in the picture looks butchered with those wheels and chrome exhaust and covers, OE wheels and the exhaust in semi gloss black would look right. The plain jane looks far better IMO.
My favorite looking Vette of all time.

I had a 1969 Corvette in 1974 it was blue with a white convertible top and black interior with a 350/350 hp small block. The car pictured has the 427 big block engine or at least the BBC hood and is gorgeous. That is definitely a fast grocery getter and I bet it sound really nice with those after market side pipes.

They drive pretty good too.

But, as a Chevy mechanic in the 70s and early 80 we preferred sleepers like the Nova or Chevy II.

The Vette's were for Tony Gold-Chain AquaVelva from Revere Beach.

This may be blasphemy (or is it heresy? sacrilege?) but I think the new 'vettes are just plain ugly. Gimme a '63 split-window or a '68/'69 anyday.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I prefer the styling of my 2018 over any of the classic older ones. I prefer modern stuff, I find mine looks very exotic, it's been mistaken for a Ferrari a few times. Plus the old ones are uncomfortable to drive, can't brake or handle as well and drink gas like crazy and don't even accelerate as quick as the new ones (mine does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds and will run the quarter mile in the mid 11s with the right tires)

IMG_5043BW.jpg

Nice. Looks like it would have looked in 1969 after the new owner had properly modded it. 1967 big block, ( preferably an L88) stinger hood and chambered side pipes is the pinnacle of Corvettedom in my opinion, though I do love them all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Trav
The one in the picture looks butchered with those wheels and chrome exhaust and covers, OE wheels and the exhaust in semi gloss black would look right. The plain jane looks far better IMO.
My favorite looking Vette of all time.

Those OE Corvettte Rally Wheels are the one of the best ever made imo. Probably why they put them on Chevelles and other muscle cars from the 70's.

Originally Posted by Patman
I know I'm probably in the minority but I prefer the styling of my 2018 over any of the classic older ones.

I like yours Patman, very nice. I've seen many of the current gen that look over done. Just too busy or something. I like the simpler looking ones with no chrome wheels. Here's a picture of my friend's car that he bought in 2016 I believe.

13221516_10153561999230895_8670768542684089665_n.jpg

The big Z got a bit radical trying to get more air into the cooling equation …
and things to keep it pinned at serious speeds

Originally Posted by Warstud
I just love the looks of the 69 vette.....insane

[Linked Image]

Best looking of them all, new vettes have too much plastic plastered on the body, the Old Skool look is where it's at.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Malo83
Best looking of them all, new vettes have too much plastic plastered on the body, the Old Skool look is where it's at.
cheers3.gif

Too much plastic on the plastic?

Aren't all Corvettes plastic? And isn't the C3 the 'vette with no trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back