My little cousin just did her first oil change. Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately the oil filter on the fj is right on top
smile.gif
the same girl that I taught how to drive a manual transmission a few weeks ago.

IMG_20190316_194001.jpg

IMG_20190316_194253.jpg

IMG_20190316_194308.jpg

IMG_20190316_194740.jpg

IMG_20190316_200120.jpg

IMG_20190316_200239.jpg

IMG_20190316_200627.jpg

Fix-on-BITOG.jpg

Originally Posted by MRtv
Good job on trainer her how to get an oil change done. What is her next project on the vehicle?

I dunno. We need to work more on driving. Using turn signals, starting on hills etc

I have a 6'2" tall 25 year old daughter, an artist, still wandering through the "student phase," who drives a 99 Pathfinder. Her mechanical inclination -- absolute zero. . . On my last trip home, I found the Pathfinder with its dipstick BONE DRY!!! Took two qts to bring to full (3.3L with only 4qt sump
shocked2.gif
). I won't bother to describe the following, futile conversation. Suffice it to say, I'm jealous!!! Chances of getting her to do this -- same chance as ever needing to use 0w-20 down in that infernal place whose name the auto-censor will remove. . .
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ekpolk
I have a 6'2" tall 25 year old daughter, an artist, still wandering through the "student phase," who drives a 99 Pathfinder. Her mechanical inclination -- absolute zero. . . On my last trip home, I found the Pathfinder with its dipstick BONE DRY!!! Took two qts to bring to full (3.3L with only 4qt sump
shocked2.gif
). I won't bother to describe the following, futile conversation. Suffice it to say, I'm jealous!!! Chances of getting her to do this -- same chance as ever needing to use 0w-20 down in that infernal place whose name the auto-censor will remove. . .
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Im doing what I know to help prepare her for her future. She may never actually change her own oil. But now she knows how to check it and add it.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by ekpolk
shocked2.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Im doing what I know to help prepare her for her future. She may never actually change her own oil. But now she knows how to check it and add it.

I'd settle for just the latter two!!!
laugh.gif

She hates getting her pic taken lol

She is smart! She knows that internet also has variety of morons to... Be like her!

Fortunately the oil filter on the fj is right on top
smile.gif
the same girl that I taught how to drive a manual transmission a few weeks ago.

'Where did you buy the vehicle hoist that will work in my backyard garage - fitted with remote overhead swing door opener?.... lol

I want one. Did you order it / get it from the Montgomery Ward catalog?

If women only knew how much this appeals to men, they would be shopping at the local Autozone, instead of the makeup department at Dillards. Or booking their next tattoo.

Great stuff to share no matter what she does with it. My wife was taught the same by dad to do basics like plugs, air filter and oil.

Now she progressed to me or mechanic and won't pump her own gas!

Kudos for teaching her to do this.
But. Using a lift.... Seems like cheating. Shoulda taught her a proper driveway oil change!

But if I had access to a lift I'd probably do the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back