My initial thoughts on Bio/tech lubeGuard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whipcitywrencher

Site Donor 2024
Hi Gang,
Got this the other day, put it in my Explorer today ,and went for a nice 30 mile ride in the country, saw fields, horses, cows, and woods, ect..Wow, what can I say, the power, what an oil additive.The idle seemed like it jumped some, so when I got home put my live data code reader on it, and sure enough idle jumped from 738 to 740 rpm's, the computer can't seem to compensate for the slipperiness of this oil additive. All I can say is if you hear on the news someone in an Explorer broke the sound barrier, going down the Mass pike, you'll know who there talking about.
lol.gif

On a serious note it does seem to run a tadd smoother,quieter but that could be the placebo effect.Time will tell.
Doesn't matter, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
happy2.gif

Have a Good Weekend Everyone.

[Linked Image]

Liquid Wax Esters. A 2rpm or even 10rpm difference is not much. It will be interesting if you see any improvement in fuel economy.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Is there moly in this stuff? The manufacturer talks about LWE but no moly. There is one voa from 2012 with a lot of moly but that is old and this info from their website states that it does what it does without moly.

https://www.lubegard.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/LG_BIO_TECH_Engine_Oil_Protectant_3.pdf

I'm not saying it's bad stuff. I wouldn't use it but that's my personal reason.

It does have Moly, on the website they're talking about MOS2, but this product has a soluble form of Moly

I recently used bio tech on a 99 6.0L Silverado. Over 300k miles on the engine. Definitely smoother running and nearly stopped a rear main leak. Could this product help with oil leaks somehow or is the Maxlife finally kicking in?

Originally Posted by panthermike
Originally Posted by PimTac
Is there moly in this stuff? The manufacturer talks about LWE but no moly. There is one voa from 2012 with a lot of moly but that is old and this info from their website states that it does what it does without moly.

https://www.lubegard.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/LG_BIO_TECH_Engine_Oil_Protectant_3.pdf

I'm not saying it's bad stuff. I wouldn't use it but that's my personal reason.

It does have Moly, on the website they're talking about MOS2, but this product has a soluble form of Moly

Thanks Mike you beat me to it.
wink.gif
I recall some members referring to the moly they use in it as the good stuff.

Originally Posted by Hysilver
I just received another bottle of this stuff. It came with no box and the label looks different than I remember. Is this legit?
[Linked Image]

It's legit.

Wonder about additive clash, putting in LubeGard biotech, which has ester polar molecules with moly, similar to page 33 and 34 of
http://www.lube-media.com/wp-conten...ModifiersforNextGenerationEngineOils.pdf
where they get different results when mixing moly and polymeric esters. Anyway, its complicated how surface competition can be antagonistic, or synergistic.
So you're adding LubeGard Biotech to an engine oil that already balances moly with polar molecules in some unknwon amount.

I just don't know if you will end up with the Mona Lisa throwing paint on the wall, is all I'm saying.

Just wanted to update this thread. I found this SDS off the Lubegard site. No mention of moly as was previously discussed. Does this mean the formula has changed?

https://www.lubegard.com/wp-content...ech-Engine-Oil-Protectant-2018-07-19.pdf

It does have esters and when I copied the Ester formulation to research it some more I ended up at Phillips66.

https://w3apps.phillips66.com/NetMSDS/ViewPDF.aspx?fileName=831280&Language=EN&IssueDate=12%2f28%2f2016&SubFormat=USDS

Odd how Lubegard® Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant is about 20% PAO, an expensive component. Usually magic-bottle additive makers just put cheaper Group1 or 2 in as the diluent, which they do here also, at around 50%. Some of the esters they use may not show up on an SDS.

That is interesting. I noticed that in the SDS. Usually they use a heavy mineral oil as a carrier.

I also didn't realize they were a local company to me.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Odd how Lubegard® Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant is about 20% PAO, an expensive component. Usually magic-bottle additive makers just put cheaper Group1 or 2 in as the diluent, which they do here also, at around 50%. Some of the esters they use may not show up on an SDS.

Probably to counteract the swelling or softening the ester might cause. The two work well together as PAO hardens seals on its own.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by nicholas
I don't think mos2 would show up in a MSDS sheet.
Perhaps someone else could chime in,,,,,,?

Good point. Technically it is not hazardous except maybe in California where everything is hazardous. I have seen MSDS sheets with moly listed. So it could be a hit and miss thing. The recent VOA posted here did show moly and boron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back