2019 Elantra SEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2017 Elantra SE. On highway it sips gas. From new I got wind noise from passenger door when it is very cold and windy. Think it is a seal issue. Just waiting for a good windy day when I can have dealer check it. Otherwise do not find it noisy. I came from a Saturn. My Elantra seems light years ahead. Coming from a Civic you experience may be different.

Not sure if it is issue with 2019 model but there is a long running thread on slow heat in Winter. I am fine but I have base model which I manually adjust and far enough south it does not affect me.

Engine temp issues

I find the seats OK, but not great.

I would buy again. The 2.0 does not seem under powered if you use the Sport mode. I drive slow and for economy so this car is perfect for me. Oil is super easy to change and required maintenance items are minimal and not expensive.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
I don't know about the new ones, but I was looking into the prior to the refresh models and apparently they like to develop a knocking sound that may turn into this. Hyundai apparently has a secret warranty program for this issue.

So you bought a used Mazda instead? Or never made a purchase?

Originally Posted by rocky8314
Originally Posted by wemay
Nice review of Elantra vs Mazda3. Both are great cars but the 3 has it on interior design freshness and sporty drive. The Elantra is not DI and has a normal stepped transmission (if that matters to you).

https://youtu.be/5CWVq2tckUQ

I never thought about the Mazda 3...It looks nice, Going to test drive one monday.

i test drove a civic and a sentra(horrible)...I liked the elantra better

The Mazda3 also has a six speed auto. Check it out. The ultimate decision of course is which one fits you best and suits your needs.

The Mazda gets excellent fuel economy with the 2.0 SkyActiv.

Originally Posted by CKN

So you bought a used Mazda instead? Or never made a purchase?

I bought my Mazda 3 new and was looking at these Elantras to possibly replace it as my daily driver, as they are usually priced to what I consider a reasonable range on the used car market. But after looking at them in more detail, I'll pass on them.

Last edited:
If the dealership has the 2019 Mazda3 in stock then that is worth a good look. They really upped the game on those. Much quieter, upscale interior and more amenities.

Look at ones that are a little used and spend 40% less. I'm not kidding, Hyundai car values tank really fast.

I bought my Sonata in February 2017 at 52k miles for $9,990....

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Look at ones that are a little used and spend 40% less. I'm not kidding, Hyundai car values tank really fast.

I bought my Sonata in February 2017 at 52k miles for $9,990....

That is called Theta II depreciation. Theta II, the gift that keeps on giving.
grin.gif

The problem I see with Hyundai is the what you get for what you pay is very attractive. Long term reliability is hit and miss. I am hoping for a hit, but saving receipts just in case.

If I were a young man the new Mazda 3 would be more appealing.

Probably wasted every ones time but i decided to keep my 02 civic for another year because my dad convinced me it's the smarter decision. He said just to save up and buy a car cash when ready.

Last edited:
Probably wasted every ones time but i decided to keep my 02 civic for another year because my dad convinced me it's the smarter decision. He said just to save up and buy a car cash when ready.

Nothing wrong with that idea at all. In fact it's a great idea. A good way to keep your future payments or terms low or to pay cash outright.

You have a smart dad. I did the same thing with my Elantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back