Castrol Oil Selector Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Castrol oil Selector on their website is so pathetic . A car I just bought yesterday that has Castrol all over the owners manual , on the oil fill cap , stickers on the front cowel . But Castrol oil Selector does not even list the car . I know it takes 502 but I was just curious what the site said . 2017 VW Passat ,1.8t , only 5k miles .

Last edited:
I had set my location to UK/Ireland on Castrol's website at some point and when I go through their selector, it lists "VW (EU)" and "VW (US)". Under that, I was able to pick a Passat with 1.8L engine. They recommend Edge 5W-30 LL. I don't think their oils in the US use the "LL" designation but Edge 5W-30 A3/B3 covers your vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I had set my location to UK/Ireland on Castrol's website at some point and when I go through their selector, it lists "VW (EU)" and "VW (US)". Under that, I was able to pick a Passat with 1.8L engine. They recommend Edge 5W-30 LL. I don't think their oils in the US use the "LL" designation but Edge 5W-30 A3/B3 covers your vehicle.

My owner manual says A3 . Castrol 5w30 ll is C3 . I was just going to use 0w40 502 , Castrol or Pennzoil which I just put I'm my 2015 Jetta 1.8. . I've got to many cars , just bought my late father's E350 4 matic

It's my impression that the owner's manual allows for the use of 504.00 oils in this engine. I would choose them over the 502.00 oils. Castrol Edge Professional LL-03 504.00/507.00 would be my choice if you're going with Castrol.

Originally Posted by FowVay
It's my impression that the owner's manual allows for the use of 504.00 oils in this engine. I would choose them over the 502.00 oils. Castrol Edge Professional LL-03 504.00/507.00 would be my choice if you're going with Castrol.

Yes I did notice in the owners manual that 504 oils were allowed , I pop the hood and then there is the 502 sticker looking at me . I'm sure either is fine , I don't ever go over 5k intervals anyway .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back