Trailblazer front sway bar links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally did the fronts today. It was overcast but hit 0 C!!!! Total time is 3 hours from set up to test drive. Like the rears, I used ACDelco professional links and ACDelco blue sway bar bushings. The links were pumped up with the purple Amsoil #2 lithium. It was a 50/50 day as I had to cut half the bolts off but was able to grab one with the vice grips and knock the nut off with the impact. Biggest part of this job is just trying to get the ratchet in a position to comfortably hit the nuts. Did a lot of lying on my back with my head under the vehicle. The rear end clunk was gone and in the short test drive it felt quite solid. The front links were well worn but no obvious play. The bushing were at the end as well.

front 7.jpg

front 6.jpg

front 5.jpg

front 4 .jpg

front 3.jpg

front 2.jpg

front 1.jpg

Good work. I have some more work like this to do.

I may have to check out those parrot pliers. I have had zero luck lately preventing links from turning using the usual vise-grips and variants.

Nice! She's got to ride a lot quieter with all corners done now. Were the old ones original?

Old ones were all original. 2227,000km. She should be good once the new tires get put on. And yes, those parrot pliers look like I needed them yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back