2019 Elantra SEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, Wanting to buy a new car, been driving beaters for 7 years, 23 now ( good income)....Looking for a compact car, long work commute 40 miles each way...I can get it for around $16,800 with employee pricing M plan.

Any opinions, should i head in another direction?

Originally Posted by rocky8314
Ok guys, Wanting to buy a new car, been driving beaters for 7 years, 23 now ( good income)....Looking for a compact car, long work commute 40 miles each way...I can get it for around $16,800 with employee pricing M plan.

Hyundai makes good cars. The replies on here by owners are almost all positive.

The guys who knock them drive beaters......

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by rocky8314

Hyundai makes good cars. The replies on here by owners are almost all positive.

The guys who knock them drive beaters......

Ok thanks..Thinking of pulling the trigger on Monday...Time to send my 02 Civic (awesome car) out to pasture.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Best advice I can give is don't buy new, buy a vehicle that is 1-2 years old and save thousands, and still have a good car.

That's what my dad said, good advice.

I have an 02 Civic...Still runs strong at 198,000 miles, Just getting rusty

Is that $16,800 out the door or minus tax, license, etc.?? I would say that's a good deal if it's all inclusive...otherwise I'm seeing places like True Car listing a price closer to 16.1K as an average selling price for the SEL in my area. It's the 2.0 with an automatic ( meh ) and it's new..can't go wrong with the fact that it's a new car and the Elantra is a nice compact. I've had a 2013 Accent hatch as my commuter for six years and have been very happy with it.

If you're sold by the value proposition as much or more than the car itself then I'd say go ahead and buy it. If you'd be open to a more gently used newer car than what you've been driving there's always that angle. Personally, if the difference is 2K for a new one versus something a couple years old with 25K miles on it I'll buy new. I'd have to save 5K buying used and you're probably not going to do that with a late model used compact. Your mileage might vary on that one....

I test drove a new 2018 Elantra Sport last year. My biggest gripe was the road noise, which Consumers Reports also noted about the car.
Lets be real, Michigan drivers tend to drive fast and that car isn't my choice for a freeway commute. Make sure you test drive it where Michigan has
the 75 MPH speed limits at. Other than that, it's a good car.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Fiesta ST! There will be plenty of time for grandma cars when you get old!

This. Jeez your only 23. But something fun.

Originally Posted by Bud
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Fiesta ST! There will be plenty of time for grandma cars when you get old!

This. Jeez your only 23. But something fun.

I actually want a Dodge Challenger SRT lol but i'll wait until the money rolls in.

I'd try a couple year old Focus with a MANUAL transmission, and see if a new car is worth the difference. They seem to be pretty cheap around here atleast and are a good driving car.

I have an '18 Elantra. The '19 is basically the same, minus the exterior refresh (which I personally find hideous).

Here's a review I did on my car.

Check out Hyundai-forums.com for more info.

The Elantra is a very good car. Buying new and running it till it drops is the best way to go. You have a long commute so this is a car you will spend some time in.

Sounds like a winner.

Originally Posted by Vuflanovsky
Is that $16,800 out the door or minus tax, license, etc.?? I would say that's a good deal if it's all inclusive...otherwise I'm seeing places like True Car listing a price closer to 16.1K as an average selling price for the SEL in my area. It's the 2.0 with an automatic ( meh ) and it's new..can't go wrong with the fact that it's a new car and the Elantra is a nice compact. I've had a 2013 Accent hatch as my commuter for six years and have been very happy with it.

If you're sold by the value proposition as much or more than the car itself then I'd say go ahead and buy it. If you'd be open to a more gently used newer car than what you've been driving there's always that angle. Personally, if the difference is 2K for a new one versus something a couple years old with 25K miles on it I'll buy new. I'd have to save 5K buying used and you're probably not going to do that with a late model used compact. Your mileage might vary on that one....

Yeah OTD 17K

Originally Posted by PimTac
The Elantra is a very good car. Buying new and running it till it drops is the best way to go. You have a long commute so this is a car you will spend some time in.

Sounds like a winner.

That's what i was thinking...Buy new and drive it until it hits the junk yard...

Nice review of Elantra vs Mazda3. Both are great cars but the 3 has it on interior design freshness and sporty drive. The Elantra is not DI and has a normal stepped transmission (if that matters to you).

https://youtu.be/5CWVq2tckUQ

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wemay
Nice review of Elantra vs Mazda3. Both are great cars but the 3 has it on interior design freshness and sporty drive. The Elantra is not DI and has a normal stepped transmission (if that matters to you).

https://youtu.be/5CWVq2tckUQ

I never thought about the Mazda 3...It looks nice, Going to test drive one monday.

i test drove a civic and a sentra(horrible)...I liked the elantra better

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dohc98vteC
No complaints on my car, can't go wrong. Plus you won't see a ton of them around you like a Civic.

Lol true...I think on my street alone i can count 5 civics

Get on www.cargurus.com and search for what you want.

Just around me, there is a 2018 SEL with 11,000 miles for $14,000.
A 2018 SEL CPO with 10,000 miles for 14,300.
A 2017 SE with 24,000 miles for $11,000.

You can usually work a better deal on a used also.
Just go in and tell them you will take it for the price they are asking, but that is the out the door price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back