Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30, SN Plus, 12/26/18 Bottle Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackstone results for a VOA of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 SN Plus.

This VOA was prompted by THIS thread.

[Linked Image]

Its an oil on the thin side of the "30" range for kv100.. Annoying how Shell Pennzoil doesn't tell us the HTHS for their oils though.
Even back a few years when PUP first came out, they never compared their piston cleanliness with M1 EP (or AP these days), only to Platinum, M1 silver bottle, Edge. ... Certainly a clean piston formula, yet likely on par with premium lines from Castrol & Mobil1 too.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Its an oil on the thin side of the "30" range for kv100.. Annoying how Shell Pennzoil doesn't tell us the HTHS for their oils though.
Even back a few years when PUP first came out, they never compared their piston cleanliness with M1 EP (or AP these days), only to Platinum, M1 silver bottle, Edge. ... Certainly a clean piston formula, yet likely on par with premium lines from Castrol & Mobil1 too.

Like pre GTL when they bought PAO from CVX … saw some original PU today in O'R's … it was $10/quart …
The claim was on the bottle …

At least you can be assured the PUP has a real GTL base, not the hot dog recipes that the other Shell oils have.

...±...Ÿ

Originally Posted by MParr
No thanks! I wouldn't run that oil even if I could find it.

Blanket statement.
Is it because it's not Ford -B1 approved or Dexos1/Gen2 approved?

I won't buy an SN Plus unless these approvals are on the jug.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
At least you can be assured the PUP has a real GTL base, not the hot dog recipes that the other Shell oils have.

...±...Ÿ

I'm still waiting to hear that the beloved T6 has the same low NOACK as $12 Delo and Delvac …

Last edited:

...±...Ÿ

The two new Rotella oils have hot dogs in the jugs? What about onions, chili and mustard?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

...±...Ÿ

The two new Rotella oils have hot dogs in the jugs? What about onions, chili and mustard?

I think you missed the other thread showing the SDS for Shell Pennzoil oil. The term "interchangeable low viscosity base oil" is a change from Fischer Tropsch type of baseoil.

I made the hot dog analogy that you don't know what's in it.

Not d1g2 but a nice SN plus oil for me. Car calls for 0w20, but in a turbo no thanks. So a thinner 30 like this is great.

Originally Posted by BTLew81
Not d1g2 but a nice SN plus oil for me. Car calls for 0w20, but in a turbo no thanks. So a thinner 30 like this is great.

What is a "nice" SN 20 ? Just bought a jug of STP SN+ for $16 full price … and will use with BG109 in an attempt to calm 🤫 down a high mileage 2007 Chrysler 300 (flush/dump oil) … so, hope it's just lifter rattle …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back