Toyota Recall (Humor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can attest to this model, the 4 cylinder just wouldn't quit.

54413282_256724651905388_5105409130626023424_n.jpg

Wish I got my dad's 1990 Toyota Camry. My mom and dad gave it to my sister and her husband since my sister took them to the doctors most of the time. Her husband then gave it to Kidney Cars.

GREAT CAR. I honestly believe that car and the Previa van represent the pinnacle of Japanese quality production.

ANECDOTE: Neighbor, an old lady, was T-boned by a bimbo who ran a stop sign. Her 90ish Corolla was destroyed and her left arm was broken.
I was enlisted to "help" find her a replacement car.
I found her a 1995 Camry like the one pictured. 103K and tons of big maintenance done.
The lady said she'd prefer a car with crank windows (I swear).
She ended therapy (got her arm back) and DEMANDED I produce a car that day.
With other neighbors along we went and fetched the Camry. She bolted her old plates on the newer Toyota without ever going to the DMV.
All I got to do to the car was top off the coolant and replace the hood assist cylinders.
She sold it privately a month later and bought a CPO Nissan Sentra with crank windows.

The next time she saw me she bellowed at me to the tune of, "I can do it myself. I don't need you or my nephew."
sigh all true, I swear

My neighbor drives one just like the one pictured. That thing just runs and runs. I have no idea how that thing is still in decent shape, my 2007 Grand Caravan is rusted to crap and his camry is still solid.

They really were when Toyota was at it's high point in quality. I would take one of these hands down if they were still made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back