2014 Yamaha FZ-09, Valvoline VR1 SAE 40, 4000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Bonz
Hey fellows, how is the continued use of the VR1 40wt? I am really considering this for my ZRX1200 this summer... don't see a downside, certainly any clutch issues don't seem to be there.

Nothing new to report - no clutch issues, shifting is still excellent. I'm on my second change since the UOA up top was done. I'm going to do another UOA on the current fill as it's a 'winter' fill and I'm curious to see if anything will be different.

TBH, over the years I've used quite a few car oils (no EC grades though) in various motorcycles with wet clutches and only ever had a clutch slip once. That was on a bike with a Barnett Kevlar clutch and the first Castrol Syntec formula. The slip was immediately obvious. Changed it back to good ol' GTX and the slip was gone.

Nice, look forward to what your next one looks like.
11.gif

Originally Posted by Bonz
joe02151, you said back in October you were going to do a UOA of the VR1 40wt. Did you ever have the chance?

unfortunately I did not do any UOA when I started, I wish I did because my opinion is really just speculation, I do plan on running more VR1 so I'll eventually get around to doing a UOA Im pretty curious to see the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back