How many still listen to AM radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listen to AM talk radio now & again. Mostly local & world events w/sports. Otherwise I listen to jazz on FM.
And this is why the infotainment system isn't that important to me when buying a vehicle.

Yep, Mike Gallagher, Dennis Prager, and I used to listen to Neal Bortz before he retired in 2013...

I was surprised at how many AM radio stations there are still. I predicted 20 years ago they would go away. Satellite radio subscriptions are too expensive for many, so AM radio gets you some politics & sports talk these days.

Originally Posted by Rudy1999 250
I like AM Rush, Ramsey. I cant stand FM Music it is Terrible.!

Yes, finding an FM station with a tolerable music format is almost impossible...

AM talk shows often … some XM but already dropped from one vehicle and will drop the other before the automatic jack the price game kicks in … Too easy to get music other ways …

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
WBX 1030 AM Weather and traffic on the 3's. I lost my high frequency hearing above 5Khz, so everything sounds like AM
frown.gif

I think you mean WBZ AM 1030. I listen to it all the time too.

I unplugged the power from the antenna in the Maxima as I never listen to radio in my car and I absolutely hate talk shows. When I'm driving a rental in another state, I might check the radio once in a while to try to grasp what the people in the area are like.
When I'm in the kitchen cooking, I ocassionally listen to Classical KUSC, but that's on FM.

Just about everyday the local FM news station leaves a lot to be desired. Push during my early morning commute Coast to Coast AM can be entertaining once in a while.

Originally Posted by bradepb
I do quite often, local news talk or Rush until he gets annoying.

WWJ 950AM NewsTalk for the early-bird ride to work.
l'll mix-in some Mike Valenti 97.1 The Ticket FM sports talk with WWJ 950AM for the ride home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back