Synthetic 5W30 D1/Gen2 oils that meet A5/B5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Other than PPPP 5W30 SN+ D1/Gen2 , what other readily available synthetic 5W30 SN+ D1/Gen2 oils meet A5/B5 ? ... Thanks in advance .

Yup, in easy to get oils, those two brands are it for now.

If it's because you want A5/B5 that is.

If it's because of a concern because of your 2.4L Owner's Manual, I wouldn't be. They also recommend Quaker State (which doesn't meet A5/B5), and API SM, ILSAC GF-4, not to mention they don't use A5/B5 oils at rhe dealerships...many of which are part of the Hyundai+QS partnership. And last but not least, the dealership bulk is always a blend or Conventional oil.

Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil 1 flavors.

Both perfectly suitable options.

Originally Posted by SlavaB
I like Mobil1 EP for having a lower NOACK (around 9)

*You made me think of a curious point : Obviously with a GDI engine in big city , suburban driving environments where more or less you meet the severe service schedule , the prospect of fuel deletion is of concern - I wonder if using M1 5W30 EP would buy you any more mileage on your OCI ? You probably would have to run it out to around 5,000 miles I suppose on M1 5W30 EP then get a Blackstone report to see what shape the oil is in ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
Mobil 5w30 high mileage.

This one is A5/B5, but is not dexos, any version. A fine oil, I'm sure, but if one must have the dexos "qualification," this isn't the one to choose.
cool.gif

Originally Posted by ekpolk
Originally Posted by Imp4
Mobil 5w30 high mileage.

This one is A5/B5, but is not dexos, any version. A fine oil, I'm sure, but if one must have the dexos "qualification," this isn't the one to choose.
cool.gif

Duly noted.
Thanks for the sanity check.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back