Royal Purple XPR 5w30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

IIRC, Synerlec is a sulphated ester, which coined the nickname "Royal Sulphur" some time back. It's an EP additive IIRC.
EP additives are organic compounds with P, Cl, or S, including chlorinated paraffins or aromatics, di- or polysulfurized organic compounds, sulfurized mineral oils, esters of aryl(alkyl)phosphoric acid, chlorinated and/or sulfurized fatty acids or olefins, esters of phosphoric acid, polyalkylene glycol, etc. (see Borsoff and Wagner, 1975). EP additives with various properties are used both for neat oils and for water-based fluids.

This is good info, thanks.
I was totally off base in my thinking about the nature of this additive.

Originally Posted by deven
Virtus_Probi said:
The API version does NOT have Synerlec. Only API version that does is their 5w40 version. Both HPS and XPR lines do have synerlec though. Hope this answers your question.

It definitely answers my question, thank you!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

LOL you'll notice he has the low price spread in his

2010 Accord-LX K24: MaxLife 5w30 + Torco MPZ
2014 CR-V LX K24: M1 0w30

I just roared when I read his post.

Really? These are two Honda's.....My wife gets a new car every 3-4 years. So I don't put anything "extra special" in her CR-V and my Accord is driven on the highway only. The Torco additive is plenty for this car to have a high speeds for 10-12K mile OCI's.

But in my truck, I have oils like RLI and M1 Racing oils to pour into her, along with Fram Racing and Royal Purple oil filters....pretty nice stuff.

Originally Posted by Phishin
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

LOL you'll notice he has the low price spread in his

2010 Accord-LX K24: MaxLife 5w30 + Torco MPZ
2014 CR-V LX K24: M1 0w30

I just roared when I read his post.

Really? These are two Honda's.....My wife gets a new car every 3-4 years. So I don't put anything "extra special" in her CR-V and my Accord is driven on the highway only. The Torco additive is plenty for this car to have a high speeds for 10-12K mile OCI's.

But in my truck, I have oils like RLI and M1 Racing oils to pour into her, along with Fram Racing and Royal Purple oil filters....pretty nice stuff.

LOL

Originally Posted by Patman
Lance's Dad needs to push his son faster around the track so he's not in 20th place every race!
crackmeup2.gif

That, too. OT, but the kid can sure start a race. I'll have to go to the F1 streaming archives and watch the beginning of each race from Lance's car. He would always gain like 12 places at the start of every race, then either crack up or lose 15 places in the first lap. Maybe that's what it was. He'd dump the clutch and shut his eyes, and he either rocketed ahead or clattered into someone.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Phishin
Haters on here always want to mock people who run anything but vanilla oil in their vehicles

How about a Snap-on truck with an engine full of Royal Purple oil; how much hate would that generate?
grin2.gif

Royal Purple HPS or XPR are great oils, but with a 12 month OCI and some towing I would much rather go with Castrol Edge 0W40, or Mobil1 0W40. Nissan V6 &V8 engines always seem to run and wear best on 40-grade, according to bazillion UOAs here, and actual owners that I've talked to.

PENNZOIL SRT 0W40 wouldn't be on my list, because it seems to burn off really quick in almost all of my vehicles.

P.S. I have met and talked to 100+ Nissan/Infiniti V6&V8 owners, and some of those who use 5w30 had bearing issues at higher mileage, while none of those who used 0w40 had bearing issues with even higher miles on their off road Titans/Frontiers and track ready 350Z/370Z/G35/G37. Similar trend was noticed with the typical timing chain issues of the Nissan V6&V8 engines.

Originally Posted by das_peikko
How about a Snap-on truck with an engine full of Royal Purple oil; how much hate would that generate?
grin2.gif

Don't forget Michelin or Pirelli tires and a K&N air filter.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back