dexos1-Gen 2 -vs Castrol -vs Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was poking around the web looking for a Product Data Sheet for the OEM, General Motors dexos1-Gen 2, 5W-30 oil, but was unable to find a .pdf.

I'm curious is anyone knows how the (ACDelco Full Synthetic) dexos1-Gen 2 -vs Castrol EDGE -vs Mobil 1 Extended Performance compare to each other?

Thank you,
Ed

I don't know how they compare but I do know that only Mobil 1 has been able to pull off a 15 and 20k mile oil that actually meets d1G2 and has a SA of .8. The other can't claim that. Even Amsoil SS has a SA level that exceeds dexos requirements.

The new Edge EP looks very good though.

Originally Posted by buster
I don't know how they compare but I do know that only Mobil 1 has been able to pull off a 15 and 20k mile oil that actually meets d1G2 and has a SA of .8. The other can't claim that. Even Amsoil SS has a SA level that exceeds dexos requirements.

Forgive my ignorance - what's "SA"?

Thank you,
Ed

Did they release this in ALL of the D1G2 weight varieties yet?
21.gif

Not that I'm aware of. Edge EP was never D1G2 and I'm not sure the new 20k version will be either. They are working on updating the PDS's.....you know how Castrol is with PDS's. LOL

Not that I'm aware of. Edge EP was never D1G2 and I'm not sure the new 20k version will be either. They are working on updating the PDS's.....you know how Castrol is with PDS's. LOL

It just perplexes me as to WHY BP cannot do this when XOM has been doing so for a while.
confused2.gif

Do they just outright refuse to use high magnesium content add packs in lieu of calcium?
21.gif

I can't say for right now, but I thought at one point they had some with higher magnesium in the PCMO lineup. What I'm thinking of would have been a while back, maybe even not far after the SN rollout. Their E6 lube might be another exception, but I've never seen a VOA or UOA of it to have the foggiest idea.

Originally Posted by dailydriver

It just perplexes me as to WHY BP cannot do this when XOM has been doing so for a while.
confused2.gif

Do they just outright refuse to use high magnesium content add packs in lieu of calcium?
21.gif

They are using high Magnesium..... actually the highest magnesium numbers.
Check out VOA / UOA for Castrol Edge black 5w30.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by dailydriver

confused2.gif

21.gif

They are using high Magnesium..... actually the highest magnesium numbers.
Check out VOA / UOA for Castrol Edge black 5w30.

So they just refuse to spring for the D1G2 certs?!?
21.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
dailydriver
What are you smoking tonight? The D1/G2 certs are on the front of my just recently purchased 5w30 Black Edge jug.

I don't smoke anything (including tobacco), and unlike most on here, I NEVER have.
31.gif

I was referring SPECIFICALLY TO their GOLD bottle EP flavors.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back