Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by alarmguy
bbhero said:
^^^^^^^

Yep... Sure does....

If my whooptfied Wally World gets this Havoline full synthetic in... ...

Walmart.com - Click

The oil is easy to find at Walmart anyplace in the USA. Just click on the link above and it will be delivered to your house in two days at no cost.
I actually use the conventional 5w30 for 5quarts @ $13.00 Delivered.

Most of this is high mileage and conventional. I was looking for Pro DS 0w20.

Ahhh.. you didnt say 5w20 before. Just the 5/30 is available in Wally World, free delivery too ... from what I see online, you will pay dearly for the 5/20

This is the 5w30 in case you didnt see it before ... click

Im dont use 5/20 ... :eek:)

Last edited:
Im don't either.

Why did you say this in the post on this page? Or are you answering someone else?

"Most of this is high mileage and conventional. I was looking for Pro DS 0w20."

I was look at this Oil as a change from Mobil 1 the new spec listed on Chevron (Havoline) site has a Noack of 12.3 for 5W30 but for the Price and 6 qt ( as my engine holds 5.5 qt with a oil change ) How would this compair to other Oil's

i never use halvoline , i couple day ago, i note the chevron logo, was it texaco ? also got my attention was the new 6 qt box . because of the 6 qt box, now i am halvoline fan club, im about to put full synthetic DS on my Cobra.

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
i never use halvoline , i couple day ago, i note the chevron logo, was it texaco ? also got my attention was the new 6 qt box . because of the 6 qt box, now i am halvoline fan club, im about to put full synthetic DS on my Cobra.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texaco -- Texaco Havoline was a huge thing for many years, at least back as far as when Cro-Magnons made tools. . .... It's all owned by Chevron now, who also gets the additives from Oronite ( https://www.oronite.com/ ). Gotta like Oronite. They have this bad-arse set of presentations coming up May 21, very exciting to total geeks who want some real truth, and not just "this oil is gooder than theirs" type of empty marketing words:

"Ramoun Mourhatch, technology development formulator, Automotive Engine Oils, Chevron Oronite Company LLC, will be giving a presentation titled, A Comparison of Tribosystems, Wear Mechanism and Lubricant Effects in Silent and Roller Timing Chains, on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. (during the engine drivetrain session).

"The presence of measurable amounts of soot in modern passenger car engines due to rapid adoption of gasoline and diesel turbocharged direct injection technologies (i.e. TDI and TGDI) appears to result in accelerated chain wear," said Mourhatch. "The purpose of this presentation will be to share the results of our study, which mapped the tribosystems and lubrication regimes in both types of timing chain; and established the primary wear mechanisms in each case."

Brendan Miller, senior research tribologist, Fundamental Testing, Chevron Oronite Company LLC, will be giving a presentation titled, Fuel Economy Modeling: Engine-to-Engine Operating Regime Differences, on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 11:30 a.m. (during the engine drivetrain session).

"Overall fuel economy performance is dependent on the balance of boundary and hydrodynamic friction within an engine," said Miller. "During this presentation, I will explain that determination of this balance with respect to engine hardware, operating parameters, and formulation levers within each subsystem of the engine by offering examples generated by a first principles fuel economy model."

" ---- https://www.oronite.com/about/news/latest-news/2019/STLE-Annual-Meeting-and-Exhibition.aspx * ---

* That tech conference is in Nashville this year, so they will attempt the impossible feat of listening to that while being drowned out by country music & battling whiskey hang-overs.

Down to my last few jugs of this stuff. Picked it up a couple years ago for $10 a 5qt jug. All my cars love it!

Originally Posted by MetalSlug

Chevron bought Texaco about 20 years ago and still market products under the Havoline name.

My local WalMart has Havoline pro ds 5W 30 for $ 19.97 I used mobil 1 in all of them however now that my free Dealership oil Changes are over for my truck ( which was mobil 1 Bulk ) I see where some have posted Mobil 1 does not have real good UOA I new on here How would this Oil compare to same Mobil 1 PP Castrol and such and is 12.3 Noack something to be concern with with a new Vehicle which 5W30 is Recommmened Mobil 1 is like 10.1

If no issues are occurring with your Mobil-1, keep rolling with it. All the brands mentioned here are good. Only brands I will not purchase are store house brand names.

I've got four of the major brand names in my workshop right now. They-all will serve your light duty truck well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back