Do i need all of these Nvidia drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Nvidia Graphics Driver 377.83, Nvidia Nview 148.47 , Nvidia Physx System Software 9.16.0318, Nvidia WMI2.29.0. I have an nvidia Geforce 600 vid card. Can I do without some of these?

I am not sure about Nview, but you need all of the others. You -might- be able to get rid of the Physx and WMI drivers, but it could cause problems so I recommend for stability purposes to leave them all installed.
Physx - driver to translate physix calls
WMI - Windows Management Interface
Nview - desktop manager, multiple monitors

What problem are you trying to solve ?

there isn't much reason to get rid of any honestly, and it is impossible to say which you need without knowing what you use your computer for. They all apply to your graphics card whether or not you utilize the features built into it. They are not going to slow down your computer in any sense.

Oh Ok. I was just going through installed programs to get rid of the ones that I don't use and noticed these. I'll leave them then. Thanks to all who responded!

the main drivers are enough for the normal function of the graphics unit, the rest is mostly as improvements for games for example or for 3D-tasks
all in all it's depends on what is your main activity with PC - so what are you doing?)

It doesn't matter what his main activity is. What matters is if there is some problem he's trying to solve. If there is no problem, there is absolutely no reason to start removing drivers, potentially causing a problem.

Nvidia bugs me... Forever updating drivers and the updates are huge and they always want you to Sign into the control panel.
mad.gif

So turn off automatic updates. Unless you're playing bleeding edge games or fixing a compatibility issue, updating the drivers doesn't accomplish anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back