Havoline DS Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently in my E450. I picked up several jugs when AAP clearance the D1G1 a couple years ago.

NOACK is pretty high at >12 in my vintage. Not sure if that's changed.

Chevron is a top notch company and Havoline is a good oil. It doesn't get advertised much. Havoline was a huge brand back in the day when Texaco had it.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Why not? Its just as good as any other oil with the same rating.

I think they're implying with the "synthetic" label that it's formulated for a higher standard. It should meet Dexos1 Gen 2.

Originally Posted by y_p_w
Why not? Its just as good as any other oil with the same rating.

I think they're implying with the "synthetic" label that it's formulated for a higher standard. It should meet Dexos1 Gen 2.

Havoline D1G2.jpg

^^^^^^^

Yep... Sure does....

If my whooptfied Wally World gets this Havoline full synthetic in... It may be too much for me to turn down. Of course I am going to have to mix in the Havoline high mileage in with it though.. the paid for 260k mile grey goose needs it now
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
^^^^^^^

Yep... Sure does....

If my whooptfied Wally World gets this Havoline full synthetic in... It may be too much for me to turn down. Of course I am going to have to mix in the Havoline high mileage in with it though.. the paid for 260k mile grey goose needs it now
smile.gif

I tried to find it at the Wally's I usually go to with no success. There are a couple others within a few miles of me so I plan to check them out this coming week. One has it available online for store pickup so I could go that route as well.

The Walmart I was in last week has really condensed their oil aisle as far as brands. This has been going on for a while so it was no surprise but I did notice that Royal Purple was gone as was Valvoline Modern Engine. Supertech has taken up more shelf real estate as one might suspect.

Yeah the shelves have been rather low for quite a while in my area... I had correctly figured that Castrol and Wally world were squabbling over a contractual agreement... Castrol oils we're almost empty for about the last 5 months.. they haven't condensed the section yet.. but I think that may well happen. I think Wally World has learned that $40 for 5 qt container oils will never sell at Walmart... Well Hades... I could have told them that
lol.gif

For a consultation fee of say $50,000
lol.gif

Yeah the shelves have been rather low for quite a while in my area... I had correctly figured that Castrol and Wally world were squabbling over a contractual agreement... Castrol oils we're almost empty for about the last 5 months.. they haven't condensed the section yet.. but I think that may well happen. I think Wally World has learned that $40 for 5 qt container oils will never sell at Walmart... Well Hades... I could have told them that
lol.gif

For a consultation fee of say $50,000
lol.gif

I think we both saw that coming. In fact I don't recall seeing M1 AP either. Castrol's shelf space is much less here. I think the lesser selling grades of oil are gone. I saw very little gold bottle. Black bottle and magnatec dominate. Shell real estate was about the same but Rotella seems to be more prominent. I didn't see any RGT though.

The bigger change is across the aisle in the filters area. Definitely less filter selections. A lot of the slow movers are gone. M1, K&N, Supertech and Fram dominate with a smaller area for oem filters like Toyota and Hyundai that wasn't there before. Air filters and cabin filters seem to have expanded.

Originally Posted by LotI
Currently in my E450. I picked up several jugs when AAP clearance the D1G1 a couple years ago.

NOACK is pretty high at >12 in my vintage. Not sure if that's changed.

Their 10w-30 NOACK is 10.

It's fine.

Honestly, these days with everything being so similar due to the SN+ spec, there's even less reason to worry about it. If it says synthetic on the bottle, SN+ and meets your weight specs, it's fine.

Originally Posted by PimTac
^^^^^^^

Yep... Sure does....

smile.gif

I tried to find it at the Wally's I usually go to with no success. There are a couple others within a few miles of me so I plan to check them out this coming week. One has it available online for store pickup so I could go that route as well.

The Walmart I was in last week has really condensed their oil aisle as far as brands. This has been going on for a while so it was no surprise but I did notice that Royal Purple was gone as was Valvoline Modern Engine. Supertech has taken up more shelf real estate as one might suspect.

PimTac I never see it in my store either but I do see it online the last I bought was $16.85 a Jug.
Its looking like its going to be my Summer OCI here just very soon. I have 6 jugs of their 10w30 plus I got the rebate for two of them so its pretty reasonably priced.

^^^^^^^

Yep... Sure does....

smile.gif

Walmart.com - Click

The oil is easy to find at Walmart anyplace in the USA. Just click on the link above and it will be delivered to your house in two days at no cost.
I actually use the conventional 5w30 for 5quarts @ $13.00 Delivered.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^

Yep... Sure does....

smile.gif

Walmart.com - Click

The oil is easy to find at Walmart anyplace in the USA. Just click on the link above and it will be delivered to your house in two days at no cost.
I actually use the conventional 5w30 for 5quarts @ $13.00 Delivered.

Most of this is high mileage and conventional. I was looking for Pro DS 0w20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back