Ravenol SSL 0w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
With a huge thanks to Rand, I have 12L of Ravenol 0w-40 for the Jeep. I noticed that the 1L bottles say Chrysler MS-12633 on them, which I thought was interesting.

Product details here: Ravenol SSL 0w-40

And a couple of pics
grin.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm a bit torn, as I have enough Castrol 0w-40 for another OCI I discovered, and then I have an OCI worth of M1 FS 0w-40, but I want to try this stuff
grin.gif
Last two OCI's have been Castrol 0w-40.

I used this oil back when my wife had a 100 mile round trip highway commute to work and went 10k oci. She now has a less than 10 mile round trip to work so I've went to a 5k oci with Mobil1 or castrol edge 0w-40 for the short tripping.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Isn't this stuff like $10/qt?

Yes, but I was able to cash in some travel rewards to pay for it so my total cost was $8.80 + dealing with the shipping, so I was under $100 CDN for 12L of it.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Nice, can't wait for the UOA. You change it when the Jeep tells you too, right?

Yes, I go by the OLM, which is currently at 13% IIRC.

If I still had my forester I would be trying Ravenol in the MT. Since motul has exceeded $20/qt for gear 300.
The Ravenol J1C1000-001999q12 SAE 75W-85 Manual Transmission Fluid -
Meets GL-5 and is around $10/qt a real steal for a MT that needs api gl-5 (such as subaru where it shares a sump with the hypoid gears)

I would consider Ravenol Motor oil in the jeep but due to its "severe service" and the fact that its a Turbo GDI Motor
I just plan on changing it often with PP 5w30 (which also meets required jeep ms-13340 spec)

Cant beat the after rebate of qt on the PP either, but hey this is an oil enthusiast board

Ravenol is good stuff. I started using VMO and RUP in my VW turbo, and even in my motorbike. Blauparts has 15% or 20% sales frequently plus free shipping over $100.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Nice, can't wait for the UOA. You change it when the Jeep tells you too, right?

+1 to the uoa

OK. Does anyone want to see a UOA on the present Castrol fill too? I can grab 2x Toromont CAT UOA kits if there is interest.

the little jeeps with the fiat engines are drinking oil as reported on their forums!!

Originally Posted by benjy
the little jeeps with the fiat engines are drinking oil as reported on their forums!!

?

My SRT has a 6.4L HEMI in it, and I wouldn't call it "little" either. Not sure what your comment has to do with this thread?

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

?

My SRT has a 6.4L HEMI in it, and I wouldn't call it "little" either. Not sure what your comment has to do with this thread?

Has to do with carelessness, trollerey or maybe a little of both. . .

Originally Posted by ekpolk
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

?

Has to do with carelessness, trollerey or maybe a little of both. . .

lol.gif
Yeah, I took it as just poorly placed trolling.

This assumes what's in the bottle is what RAVENOL says is in the bottle. Until there's clarification I still have a bad taste over the DXG Dexos G1D2 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back