Here it is, first Rotella Gas Truck 0W20 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised...

RGT 0W20.JPG

Originally Posted by Marco620
Thank you. I think the TBN is kinda low but then again its not everything. Wish I knew its hths.Boron and Molybdenum
banana2.gif

The HTHS will be with in the oils rated specs. SN+ Dexos 1 Gen 2.

Looks like a 95% of all the oils on the market today. I can't remember a time since I've been on BITOG where all the addpacks looked so simillar. Oils are more alike than different. I'm sure it's a good oil. Shell makes very good oil.

I wish I could talk MolaKule into taking a sample of mine and running it through all the fancy tests he can run in the comfort of his lab. Then we could really see if there was any true difference other than a couple PPM here and there compared to the "plebeian" non-gas truck oils
lol.gif

Shell has said it has more anti-oxidants, which don't show up on a UOA.
All else looks normal. I wouldn't say moly is "high", as others above have, since several Japanese oils have 400 to 900 ppm moly, and Amsoil typically has around 200 ppm in their signature series.

Like someone else said, it looks like PP with added moly. I still consider this oil to be some what a gimmick in the Synthetic dexos certified 0w20 range, but I will say the additional moly and boron is something I'd consider if all things are equal (price wise). So if I'm at Walmart and Pennzoil Platinum and Rotella Gas Truck are right next to each other at $22? I'll get the Gas Truck (by the way, I think they need a new name for it). Maybe like...Rotella GT Synthetic (GT short for Gas Truck) or Rotella We Found A Gimmick Niche For You Truck Folk (which admittedly I fall into).

Originally Posted by Railrust
Like someone else said, it looks like PP with added moly. I still consider this oil to be some what a gimmick in the Synthetic dexos certified 0w20 range, but I will say the additional moly and boron is something I'd consider if all things are equal (price wise). So if I'm at Walmart and Pennzoil Platinum and Rotella Gas Truck are right next to each other at $22? I'll get the Gas Truck (by the way, I think they need a new name for it). Maybe like...Rotella GT Synthetic (GT short for Gas Truck) or Rotella We Found A Gimmick Niche For You Truck Folk (which admittedly I fall into).

Napa right now has it listed for $25/5 quarts plus the $10 Shell rebate, I ordered two jugs online and picked them up at my local store. $15/jug figured it's worth a go!

lighter oils aka any xxw20's will have weaker film strength aka HTHS + manufacturers tend to hide or make weaker specs harder to find! like vaccinations where issues are hidden + only the advertising bull for the $$$$ is shown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back