Redline Professional Series?

Just stumbled across these oils today. The 5w30, which I would use, is SN plus, D1G2. Price is lofty, just wondering if anyone has experience with this oil.

A bit expensive for a Group III synthetic. The 5W-30TD Euro at least contains a little PAO and it's VW 504/507 (porsche C30) approved. Probably the hardest cert to meet for a C3-class oil.

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
A bit expensive for a Group III synthetic. The 5W-30TD Euro at least contains a little PAO and it's VW 504/507 (porsche C30) approved. Probably the hardest cert to meet for a C3-class oil.

Why do you say it's only a group III? The product details state that it's III/IV mix, though the percentages don't appear to be listed.

With the exception of gear oils and ATF, I see no reason to spend extra money on boutique oils, when high-end OTC oils will perform identically, practically speaking.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46

Why do you say it's only a group III? The product details state that it's III/IV mix, though the percentages don't appear to be listed.

With the exception of gear oils and ATF, I see no reason to spend extra money on boutique oils, when high-end OTC oils will perform identically, practically speaking.

MSDS for their 0w-20 states:
Distillates, petroleum, hydrotreated heavy paraffinic 64742-54-7 div>

So if it's the price of M1 EP, you aren't getting M1 EP quality ingredients.

And it's also a little suspect that they don't publish the Noack like they do for their other oils.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
So if it's the price of M1 EP, you aren't getting M1 EP quality ingredients.

^^Right on!

How I feel about the boutiques,if you don't get the flagship of the lineups,just buy M1,Pennzoil Platinum,Synpower,Edge,etc.

VOA came in on it.. Does have moly, low tbn.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
From redline

FULL SYNTHETIC -- OEM-required Group III/Group IV PAO Base Stocks

But the way it is worded gives me pause, I would like to see some cold flow testing. I don't see any overwhelming reason to run this oil. I would have liked to see a lower price point on it. And I was told by redline it didn't have moly, but now it does. I like that fact, but I'm really curious why they would literally say it doesn't have moly. I wonder if they even know thing one about this stuff, or the just bottle some stuff that comes in.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
So what would 6qts of this crap cost?

Redline's website has it listed for $45.xx for a 5-quart jug.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge

Redline's website has it listed for $45.xx for a 5-quart jug.

The low prices an WM beat that by nearly $5 higher a Jug last check.

generally about 10 bucks a qrt shipped free, a couple places like gotexhause drop ships maybe 1 dollar a qrt cheaper, don't know for sure.
10 a qrt shipped free

Originally Posted by burla
From redline

FULL SYNTHETIC -- OEM-required Group III/Group IV PAO Base Stocks

But the way it is worded gives me pause, I would like to see some cold flow testing. I don't see any overwhelming reason to run this oil. I would have liked to see a lower price point on it. And I was told by redline it didn't have moly, but now it does. I like that fact, but I'm really curious why they would literally say it doesn't have moly. I wonder if they even know thing one about this stuff, or the just bottle some stuff that comes in.

Didn't we already determine this is just a re-branded CP product?

Back