Rislone Nano Prime Oil additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I bought this as a impulse buy to try. Came out of bottle like water with a Ultra dark blue color. Added to fresh fill of 0W20 QSUD in a Subaru FB20. Lots of of valve train noise at idle compared to my old DOHC EJ25.
At 300 miles on oil noticed no change in engine noise.
700 miles: Slight noise reduction thought that was as good as it would get.
1000 miles: Hmmm engine is getting quiet.
2000 miles: Wow! engine is quiet. Valve train completely quiet
Increase in gas mileage: No
Increase in power: None noticed.
Picking up a wix analysis kit with my next online parts order, interested on what UOA will look like. Will refill with another 0w20 QSUD at next scheduled and see how long valve train stays quiet.

Nano ,,it has to be good
grin2.gif

A quick search of Rislone reveals many positive reviews. One must ask oneself, Are these Amazon reviews proof that these things really work? Not really. They're proof that the product sells..nothing more. The likelihood of your automobile engine dying because you didn't use some off the shelf organic grass fed snake oil additives are so slim that it is not even measurable and there is a chance that these additives could cause engine harm. How often you change your oil and whether you use the proper oil grade and perform other required and scheduled maintenance as recommended by the manufacturer and OM are much more important factors.

I think Rislone makes good products overall and have had good experiences with their Engine Treatment as a cleaner/flush at the end of an OCI type thing in the past and I have to say I'm tempted to try this in an older, high mileage beater Cobalt I picked up. I like the majority here don't think oil additives are generally worthwhile., but I would like to see if this does perk up mileage and compression in an older engine. I agree it sounds useless in a newer, low mileage engine using syn oil...

Originally Posted by gathermewool
You wasted your money, most likely. It seems like you realize this.

If it actually provided results and quieted his engine down, how can you say he wasted his money? That sounds like enough proof to me that is was well worth the $10-20 he paid for it.

Appreciate the report. Have thought about trying this in Kia, as the valvetrain is clatter-city more and more these days. But at $25 for this stuff, vs. $13 for a can of molyslip additive, will probably try the Molyslip stuff first.

Originally Posted by addyguy
Appreciate the report. Have thought about trying this in Kia, as the valvetrain is clatter-city more and more these days. But at $25 for this stuff, vs. $13 for a can of molyslip additive, will probably try the Molyslip stuff first.

It's $17 if you order from Walmart, and there is a $5 rebate til the end of the year...

Originally Posted by BJD78
A quick search of Rislone reveals many positive reviews. One must ask oneself, Are these Amazon reviews proof that these things really work? Not really. They're proof that the product sells..nothing more. The likelihood of your automobile engine dying because you didn't use some off the shelf organic grass fed snake oil additives are so slim that it is not even measurable and there is a chance that these additives could cause engine harm. How often you change your oil and whether you use the proper oil grade and perform other required and scheduled maintenance as recommended by the manufacturer and OM are much more important factors.

I agree with this statement 💯.

Taking the Nano Prime challenge. I just put it in my 08' 2.2L (153,057K) Cobalt beater along with Valvoline MaxLife Full Syn 10W-30. The previous fill was Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 (from 2014) that was down a quart after 3400 miles after three months of use. I'll report if it reduces consumption or if fuel economy or "power" improves...

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
Taking the Nano Prime challenge. I just put it in my 08' 2.2L (153,057K) Cobalt beater along with Valvoline MaxLife Full Syn 10W-30. The previous fill was Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 (from 2014) that was down a quart after 3400 miles after three months of use. I'll report if it reduces consumption or if fuel economy or "power" improves...

I've used Rislone's engine treatment with good results. That is worth the money IMO. Haven't tried the Nano product because if I use any other oil additive besides Rislone's engine treatment, I use Lubegard biotech or Restore. Both of those seem to be the real deal.

Curious to see what the results are...

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
I'm thinking of Rislone Nano as Restore for engines with minor to moderate wear...

The pd does read very similar... wonder if anyone's done compression before and after using it. But would Restore not be suitable for minor/moderate wear? I use it in mine but I've got 160k+ on the engine..I also used Restore a few times over the years in my old Camry and that had over 300k.

I have used this additive on several vehicles in the last 2 -3 years.

01 Mazda tribute v6 quietened down the engine a good bit ,smoother ...maybe a .5-1 mpg increase within typical variation IMO.I recently loaned this vehicle to some one who returned it after 4 months with 16 oz of oil in it.I think the "plating/friction reduction treatment may have contributed to the vehicle still being functional.

03 Honda 4 cyl 5 speed a hand me down from the wife averaged about 27 mpg which I thought was low.I used a half bottle of the product after I got the car from the wife and did an o/c.About a month later the wife hopped into the car to go to a restaurant ,she sat there for a second and then asked "what did you do to my car ,it's so quiet." I had not told her about the additive.She requested that whatever I did That i should do to her Honda automatic.The mpg went up to 29 avg after 800-900 miles.

91 Plymouth Acclaim 4 cyl auto(recent acquisition) earlier this week I added a half bottle to the car and did a 180 mile round trip. The engine was quieter at the end of the round trip than at the start.About 300 more miles have been put on the car since then and the engine is a lot smoother and quieter.Which is kind of a drawback as I can now hear every squeak of pulley and belt the old car gives off....lol.I have not had a chance to check the mpg due to the odo not working.

I know many here will call me mistaken ,a liar or delusional..
But I only report my observations.
And based on my experience I feel it works and I will continue to use it.
I will also say that I always add it before going on a long drive,I feel that it gives a better chance for the effects to start building up.
Give it a shot,Rislone has been around for decades with its products so they are not a fly by night company.

Originally Posted by ZZman
The WS2 component sounds interesting.

I use it for coating bullets. I have a few pounds of it in the powder form. It has its merits for coating bullets. From what I was told by a company that produces the stuff it is not that good as an oil additive, it falls out of suspension.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back