Walmart Supertech MC oil?

Has anyone used it? My guess is it must be pretty new since I've never seen it come up in MC oil threads. The full synthetic looked to be $8.xx per quart of I recall. I can't remember if I saw a conventional version...

I'm trying to pick my next oil for the 14 VStrom 1000. I've used Delvac 1300 for around 7000 miles and I liked it. If I recall I believe I've read about HDEOs such as Delvac and Delo changing their recipes and certs which has me a little concerned about continuing to use the Delvac. I like SOPUS products so I might try the new T6 15w40 I saw at Walmart the other day or try Mobil 1 15w-50.

I live in Michigan but won't put the Strom on the road until temps are in the high forties and salt is off the roads. My DR650 is my early/late season bike as I'm not as worried about salt getting on it and that gets full synthetic 10w40.

Actually I went there because the website said my store had Valvoline full syn but I didn't see it and grabbed the Mobil 1 4T for the DR instead. At that price it's hard not to get the Valvoline for less or Mobil 1 for a little more.

I tried Delvac in my DR but the shifting felt like crap, noticably. Delvac feels fine in my Strom and bc the wife's CTX.

they seem to be expanding their offerings, hopefully they will bring the euro spec 5-40 for cars, available in canada. if the price is right its worth a try. like amazon basics without a lot of costly approvals the oil can sell cheaper or use better ingredients

Its in the sump and gearbox of my Zuma 125 commuter scooter right now.

Seems to be doing the job. I do 1k mile oil changes with 90% stop go city riding so it may be in the sump until early summer.

Short term, it sounds a little rougher then the Castrol MC 10w-40 synthetic I dumped but time will tell.

Originally Posted by Goodkat
Hmmm. Never heard of Quicksilver oil, I'll have to look into it. Is it good stuff?

Yes, it is excellent.

Quicksilver has always been a brand of Mercury Marine

Quicksilver = Mercury........ Get it?

Just got back from my local Wal-Mart. They still have the Quicksilver full syn 10w-40 at $7.98/quart, while some Wal-Marts have it on clearance at $3/qt. I be watching...

Originally Posted by Linctex
Hmmm. Never heard of Quicksilver oil, I'll have to look into it. Is it good stuff?

Yes, it is excellent.

Quicksilver has always been a brand of Mercury Marine

Quicksilver = Mercury........ Get it?

To be honest, no! Haha. I'm not a boater or fisherman, nor do I know much of Mercury's history. But, the little research I've done shows that it's a we'll respected oil.

I just bought some some new Rotella T6 15w40 to try. So far it sloshes good in the jug and looks like honey.
grin2.gif

Its great stuff

Was at another Wal-Mart and bought the last two Quicksilver 10w-40 m/c oils at $3/qt. The M1 on clearance was gone. Must .... stop ... buying ...oil.

It's weird how oil can become somewhat of an obsession.

I'll keep the Quicksilver in mind because I have plenty of motorcycles that need oil. I'm intrigued.

It's weird how oil can become somewhat of an obsession.

I'll keep the Quicksilver in mind because I have plenty of motorcycles that need oil. I'm intrigued.

Yep, nothing runs better in my honda then the Quicksilver 20w-50. I just dont like the idea of running it during sub 40 degree mornings.

Originally Posted by ad244

Seems to be doing the job. I do 1k mile oil changes with 90% stop go city riding so it may be in the sump until early summer.

Short term, it sounds a little rougher then the Castrol MC 10w-40 synthetic I dumped but time will tell.

Since scooters don't have wet clutches, you're aware that there's no sense in buying motorcycle specific oils, right? I'd actually believe that the regular energy conserving oils with friction modifiers would be BETTER for scooters.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AtomicNumber53
Originally Posted by ad244

Since scooters don't have wet clutches, you're aware that there's no sense in buying motorcycle specific oils, right? I'd actually believe that the regular energy conserving oils with friction modifiers would be BETTER for scooters.

not all scooter engines are certified to use 10w-30 oil; most that I know of call for XXw-40, even ones that have liquid cooling; Vespa, Piaggio, Aprilia use 5w-40 iirc; older hondas & yamahas use 10w-40; many of the Asian ones (Korean, Taiwanese, Chinese) call for 10w-40 or 15w-40; example...my genuine buddy 125 (made by pgo in taiwan) calls for 15w-40 in ther owners manual & 10w-40 (motorcycle or scooter oil) in the service manual

Back