Any suitable alternatives for Jeep T-Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the midst of replacing fluids on our 01 Grand Cherokee Ltd. and need some advise. First off its a V8 4x4 with quadra drive (varilock axles F&R with the NV247 T-Case)I'm planning on running Amsoil throught (any other suggestions?) but the T-Case is listed as requiring
"Mopar® Transfer Case Lubricant
THIS IS THE ONLY LUBRICANT RECOMMENDED
Mopar® P/N 05016796AA"
What exactly is so special about this, can an aftermarket substitute be used, and if so what kind? Thanks in advance!
cheers.gif

I'd love to know too. It seems that the automatic 4 wheel drive systems from all manufacturers require a specialized fluid in the transfer case. I know GM recommends a fluid that is over $20CDN a litre.

Mobil fluid "424" is a substitute for the Mopar stuff.

Amsoil does not make a fluid for this application ...sorry.

Ted

On the Jeepsunlimited Board someone contacted Asmoil and they had some hydraulic tractor fluid the recomended for the QTII T-case. I have the select Trac and it takes ATF.

Since the T-case only holds 1.5 qts, I would just get 2 qts Mopar fluid and change it once a year.

Btw, I did all the fluids in the Jeep, including the front/rear diffs, engine and trany. Used the Amsoil 0W-30, 75W-90, and 14 qts Universal Syn ATF in the 545RFE. Runs real good.

Regards

mike

hey i'm from JU as well. Has anyone tried the tractor lube for the transfer case yet?

Basically i want to reduce as much parasitic loss as i can. as well as extend the operating length of everything.

can an aftermarket substitute be used, and if so what kind? Thanks in advance!
cheers.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Redline recommends mtl for that transfer case

Be careful Jeeper

If you have the QT II, use the Mopar Fluid, if Select Trac T-Case use any ATF.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back