Snake oil.

Avoid at any cost, even if free.

Why?

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by KGMtech
Snake oil.

Avoid at any cost, even if free.

Why?

Because they claim horsepower gains of up to 3% and fuel efficiency gains of up to 8%.

We all know that automotive OEMs scratch and claw for 1-2% fuel efficiency gains though all sorts of means (start-stop, GDI, etc...) and pour (pun intended) millions of dollars into R&D.

If all they needed to do was pour this stuff in and see huge fuel efficiency gains, they would have done it years ago.
Just think of all the R&D dollars that could have been saved....

Definitely snake oil...

It's totally LEGIT stuff. I don't know about the horsepower claims, but I think those claims are directed at really high horsepower engines.

But honestly, this stuff is CHOKED FULL of AW additives.
I run a small dose of it in my Honda 4-wheelers (who are almost always at or near the rev-limiter) and in my small displacement Honda Ruckus scooter (a 4-stroke 49cc engine that lives at 11.5k RPM's)
It's honestly NOT snake oil. If you want to really boost your AW package, this stuff is about as good as it comes. But be careful, because it's REALLY potent.

I am scared to run it in my Accord, and then they came out with non-Zinc/Phos version. So I'm running that now:

Torco MPZ 02 Thread

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
Because they claim horsepower gains of up to 3% and fuel efficiency gains of up to 8%.

We all know that automotive OEMs scratch and claw for 1-2% fuel efficiency gains though all sorts of means (start-stop, GDI, etc...) and pour (pun intended) millions of dollars into R&D.

If all they needed to do was pour this stuff in and see huge fuel efficiency gains, they would have done it years ago.
Just think of all the R&D dollars that could have been saved....

Definitely snake oil...
You are correct but they can't run anything that would cause catalyst damage. Your engine, on the other hand is fair game to trash in the name of fuel economy.

Originally Posted by Phishin
It's totally LEGIT stuff. I don't know about the horsepower claims, but I think those claims are directed at really high horsepower engines.

I run a small dose of it in my Honda 4-wheelers (who are almost always at or near the rev-limiter) and in my small displacement Honda Ruckus scooter (a 4-stroke 49cc engine that lives at 11.5k RPM's)
It's honestly NOT snake oil. If you want to really boost your AW package, this stuff is about as good as it comes. But be careful, because it's REALLY potent.

I am scared to run it in my Accord, and then they came out with non-Zinc/Phos version. So I'm running that now:

Torco MPZ 02 Thread

Ugh, NO!

Torco MPZ 02 Thread

I would even consider small doses of this stuff, or their low/no added ZDDP 'street' version IF I knew for sure that there was NO added; calcium, or sodium in the formulation.
wink.gif

What is magnetic about this stuff?

I wouldn't use it in any engine. Good oils have all the antiwear and anti friction you need.

Originally Posted by Imp4

Torco MPZ 02 Thread

Ugh, NO!

Really? Torco makes some pretty amazing products. It's not a junk/hype company like Lucas or similar companies.

The HP claims was seen in high performance race/drag cars (I think alcohol). That's their market.

Really? Torco makes some pretty amazing products. It's not a junk/hype company like Lucas or similar companies.

The HP claims was seen in high performance race/drag cars (I think alcohol). That's their market.

If their market was high performance/drag, then they wouldn't tout fuel efficiency.
Very few in the h-p/drag community cares about fuel efficiency.
Please try again...
cheers3.gif

MPZ "MFR" was originated in 1994, a time when very little concerns were exposed as to engine lubrication chemistry. Without any thought people were putting into there engines all kinds of concoctions just totally inspired by advertizing hype.

confused2.gif
confused2.gif

Yep, in 1994 all engine oil formulators threw their brains out the window.
06.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back