Fl2016 Motorcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the difference between a FL2016 and a FL2016w? The W seems to be available at Walmart and auto parts stores. Thanks

To expand, as far as I can tell there is no physical difference. It does differentiate a purchase from a Wal-Mart or parts store from a dealer. It prevents people from trying to return the filter to a dealer for a refund since the price is a lot lower, Wal-Mart buys in a lot higher quantity than dealers. Also if there is an issue that might be a warranty claim, a receipt showing the part was purchased from a dealer is required.

I'm willing to bet that bcardinal was not referring to the vehicle warrantly, but to the part warranty.

Motorcraft parts carry a 2-year / unlimited mileage warranty. Even includes labor (at a dealer, or capped elsewhere). Thus a warranty claim on the filter would then be differentiated between dealer installed and wal-mart purchased.

Also wonder if there is a case size difference when ordered?

I sent an email to Motorcraft and received the answer that the W designates a 6 pack carton and was printed on the packaging by mistake by purolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back