UOA Wolf Vitaltech 75w-90 GL5 Subaru Legacy 6mt 15000 km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I will write with errors (Google translator). The car drove 245 thousand km. Oil traveled 15 thousand km.
Used oil taken from trans. Oil is heavily contaminated according to ISO 4406. Can I use ISO 4406 for transmission oil?
There were 2 identical cans of oil. The analysis of fresh oil was made from the first canister, from the second canister oil was poured into the trans.
Here is the data of fresh oil (analysis done in the laboratory CAT).
V100 - 15.8
V40 - 80.3
VI - 211
Boron - 517
Phosphorus - 1691
Magnesium - 1041
Zinc - 8
Calcium - 18
[Linked Image]

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 44
Last edited:
Welcome to BITOG!

The particle counts are high, but I have not seen enough examples to know if there is anything to be concerned about. My own samples (rear differential and transfer case) for my Ford truck showed similar ISO codes to your transmission sample. Lots of junk, but not necessarily a problem.

I noticed that your sample shows high silicon. Maybe you contaminated the oil while filling the transmission (?) I can't believe there would be that much anti- foaming added by the oil blender. You will have to take another sample in the future and compare it to this one.

The wear metals don't scare me. 48 ppm of iron in 15k kilometers doesn't seem horrible. Maybe someone else with much more knowledge can comment.

Hi. Thank you very much for the answer. Almost immediately, after pouring oil into the transmission, a viscous coupling of the central differential was repaired. During the repair of the coupling, Silicone-based fluid was used.

Not too bad except for the Silicon count which is way too high?

Did you contaminate the Gear oil with the silicon coupling fluid?

I would replace the transaxle oil because that much silicon is way out of spec. Silicon should be less than 10 ppm.

Last edited:
When servicing the center differential coupling, a silicone based fluid is used. I want to say that we poured this oil in six (3 pieces 5mt and 3 pieces 6mt, all Subaru). I drive calmly and analyze with my transmission. 2 of 6mt fell apart on this oil. 1 из 5mt cut teeth on the gear. These guys drive a rally, drag. They think that oil is to blame for this, although I think that oil is fine. By the way, on all these transmissions, they also changed the fluid in the clutch of the central differential (Dow Corning 100k). Is it possible that, due to silicone, a decrease in viscosity, dilution of the oil occurred, and under extreme conditions the oil resource was not sufficient for protection?

Ðто маÑло Ñ Ð´Ñ€ÑƒÐ³Ð¾Ð¹ 6mt, она развалилаÑÑŒ - комментарии на видео - "ЖидкоÑÑ‚ÑŒ Ñ Ñлементами Ñеребра"
lol.gif

Ðто маÑло Ñ Ð¼Ð¾ÐµÐ¹ транÑмиÑÑии

I'm sorry.
The first video from the 6mt transmission, transmission collapsed. Comments on the video - "Liquid with elements of silver."
lol.gif

The second video - drain from my trans - this oil was analyzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back