RIP NULON. FUCHS announces acquisition of NULON Products Australia Pty Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on the Nulon guys for battling through the PTFE stigma, creating an oil brand (albeit with some questionable marketing), and getting a major return (I hope) by being noticed globally.

That's not disparaging, I used their Teflon products to great effect, and have only recently warmed to their oil products.

I'll bet a schooner of Coopers Sparkling that the Nulon brand stays....and the Oz public remains none the wiser.

Shouldn't really matter all that much depending on how Australia taxes local subsidiaries of foreign owned corporations.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Good on the Nulon guys for battling through the PTFE stigma, creating an oil brand (albeit with some questionable marketing), and getting a major return (I hope) by being noticed globally.

That's not disparaging, I used their Teflon products to great effect, and have only recently warmed to their oil products.

I'll bet a schooner of Coopers Sparkling that the Nulon brand stays....and the Oz public remains none the wiser.

Yup, just look at the SOPUS brands.

Maybe this means we will start to get some Nulon products in the UK now.I like Fuchs stuff, they aren't shy of getting some manufacturer approvals and they're very good value for money.

From a patriotic standpoint, I can see why people in Oz are angry. However, Fuchs isn't a bad company. They are a lubricant supplier to Daimler, BMW and VAG. And Silkolene does have strong brand recognition as does Pentosin. If anything, the Nulon brand will still stay, but as secondary like Fuchs did recently to Pentosin.

.... a schooner of Coopers Sparkling

You had me at Coopers Sparkling Ale, or Coopers Red as I prefer to call it

[Linked Image]

I avoided Nulon at first, a snake oil company that sold teflon (PTFE) for your gear box and engine.

But their oils became better and teflon was left out, often replaced by Molybdenum Dithiocarbamate (MoDTc) as a friction reducer.

Recently they have made some quite good oils with real manufacturers OEM specs such as their PAO based Nulon European 5W30 with real VW Standard 504.00 / 507.00, and their Group III full synthetic Nulon LongLife 5W30 with Dexos1-Gen2 at a very decent price.

I have now turned a corner and would happily buy Nulon oil. Nulon has definitely "made-it" in Australia, but was it ever going to expand into the international market?

Fuchs is a good quality international oil company, who don't sell much in Australia. I suspect they plan to keep Nulon and their people and expand into the Australian market. I hope this is the start of something good.

Originally Posted by SR5
.... a schooner of Coopers Sparkling

You had me at Coopers Sparkling Ale, or Coopers Red as I prefer to call it

[Linked Image]

Ron,
am planning on creating a few empties this afternoon...purely to get the 10c cashback on the bottle of course...starting now.

I wasn't impressed with them at first either, but they have got much better in recent years. I was using the 20W-50 in one of my kids cars...a 20W-50 A3/B4, I don't know if it really meets those specs, but still better than most try to flog off as a 20W-50. And good pricing too. Fuchs has a presence here, not so much on the retail side, but they supply bulk to workshops. So they'll probably push the Nulon for retail, and keep the Fuchs for the trade.

Coopers ? Yuk, I used it as bait in my slug trap.

Originally Posted by Silk

Coopers ? Yuk, I used it as bait in my slug trap.

No accounting for taste, my father was a Lion Red man.

[Linked Image]

The vile cat p of my youth. Hated the stuff...and there were only 2 brands to drink. Someone gave us a 24 box at work for Xmas....it is untouched, none of us will drink it, even for free.

Maybe Fuchs will put some of their good stuff in Nulon containers...?

At work we drink DB Export 33....one guy drinks Waikato, I've drunk too much of it in the past. Tui is excellent, but sweet, not hoppy...a nice drop.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back