Best Mercon LV replacement fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to drain and fill tranny at 25K
MC Mercon LV is factory fill
Would like to try something else
Ideas ???🤔🤔

I've read that Redline D6 is among the best LV ATFs....it's pricey though....Valvoline Maxlife is much more reasonable and many have said it works well in their Ford.

Off the shelf in my area I have available

Motorcraft LV
Pennzoil Platinum LV
Valvoline Maxlife

If you're still under warranty, get Castrol Full Synthetic ATF the next time it goes on sale
smile.gif

Out-of-warranty, Maxlife is also a good choice

Castrol is licensed Mercon LV. Maxlife is not
smile.gif

Maxlife is easier to get for under $20/gal regular price, while Castrol only goes on sale a few times a year.

Just did a little quick shopping
Not finding much about the Castrol LV as far where to order

Valvoline Maxlife is $18 a gallon at Walmart and is great fluid.

If you want quarts then Castrol's LV Synthetic fluid goes on sale for 2 for $10 at Advance and AZ several times a year.

I used Amsoil ATL in my Fusion. Did 3 D&Fs and then disconnected the battery to force the TCU to relearn the shift points. Made a huge improvement in shifting, and even saw a MPG improvement of around 1mpg. Not sure why; but it was consistent every tank after the change.

I just bought Motorcraft Mercon LV at my dealer for just over $5 per quart. I Have used Maxlife LV in the past, but the Motorcraft seems to have smooth out the shifts that I had attributed to the tuner that I installed about the same time as the Maxlife. For the price, Mercon LV is $2 per quart cheaper at the dealer than it is at OReillys/Advance, I've decided not to use anything other than Motorcraft. Just an opinion!

Just went by my local Advance Auto Parts store. They don't stock Castrol synthetic LV and couldn't even tell if they can order it. Very frustrating 🤨

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Just went by my local Advance Auto Parts store. They don't stock Castrol synthetic LV and couldn't even tell if they can order it. Very frustrating 🤨

You can order from Wal-Mart.

I believe Castrol Import Synthetic IMV, Pennzoil Platinum LV ATF, Kendall/P66 VersaTrans LV and one more are officially-licensed for both DVI/MLV specs. With the licensed stuff not much more than MaxLife, it doesn't make sense.

Just discovered Pennzoil LV in all places my local grocery store ...³...³...³
$5.67 a quart
In a grocery store instead of a parts store
Crazy 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back