Alex Trabek has stage 4 cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Trabek, the well-known host of Jeopardy, has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

My family used to watch Jeopardy regularly in the late 1980's/early 1990's, and I still watch it occasionally. It's one of my fond memories growing up.

Best wishes for him, he is a real class act.

There is a channel in my area that shows old game shows and he was the host of Classic Concentration as well, never watched the show when it originally aired but good luck to him on his fight.

Alex Trebek brings so much class to television - and that's really needed these days …
Hang in there …

HOLY MOTHER !!! The Man been doing Jeopardy for 35 years ??

Talk about a guy who never ages !!!

Shame if he passes away from this, Hope for the best of a TV legend

Dave

I do wish him all the best. Alex Trebek is great as a host. The focus is on the game itself, not him which other shows suffer from. I hope his remaining time is as peaceful and pain free as possible.

I actually still remember Art Fleming doing Jeopardy.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I figured he would die from cirrhosis of the liver. I doubt he will make it to 2020.

Unfortunately I think you might be right. I knew of a few people that had it and they all died within a year or two of the diagnosis. It's one of the most aggressive cancers out there.

The survival rate for someone with pancreatic cancer stage 4 is about 1% after 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back