I recommend the beastly yellow Daytona.

[Linked Image]

Link is not working anymore.
Originally Posted by kstanf150
The pic want load for me
But if it's the same jack im thinking of
My son bought one and returned it

Harbor Freight 3 ton steel floor jack works great for $75 bucks

I have 2 of the 3 ton HF, and a Sears 3 ton. They are so cheap I can't stop buying them lol

I have had the Arcan a few years and it's good.

I have seen the Husky @ HD and between the two, I'd buy the Arcan. If you don't have a Costco membership, borrow a friend's and buy him some beer.

Originally Posted by Oro_O
I have had the Arcan a few years and it's good.

I have seen the Husky @ HD and between the two, I'd buy the Arcan. If you don't have a Costco membership, borrow a friend's and buy him some beer.

Interesting. It's 60 pounds instead of the Husky one at 80 pounds.

Last edited:
That Costco Arcan does look nice for $100.

One thing to keep in mind is if you DIY under-vehicle work, in the long run you will appreciate a high(er) lift jack and tall jack stands, typically > 3.5 ton capacity is where stands are over 17"-20" tall but of course depends on design and cost.

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Originally Posted by Wolf359

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-Ton-Low-Profile-Floor-Jack-with-Speedy-Lift-HD00120/206386467

That HD model looks exactly the Arcan 35XLR. I got one from costo back in 2009.

Northern Tool still sells it
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200345429_200345429

Does not appear to be the same. Husky lift height 19-3/4", Northern Tool Arcan XL35 is 21-3/8" lift (unless one of them got the lift spec wrong).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by das_peikko
I recommend the beastly yellow Daytona.

[Linked Image]

What is really nice about this jack is it has a longer reach and sometimes that comes in very handy.

Costco usually has excellent deals on relatively high quality car jacks. I personally prefer a 3.5 ton jack or above regardless of car weight. A 3.5 just feels a lot safer and more stable than something lighter.

Last edited:
I have the Arcan 3.5 ton from Northern. Bought it for around $120 on sale. Low pro + high lift. Best of both worlds.

Get the lowest profile height you can get on the back end where the handle is or it makes it difficult getting under cars without first jacking it up in one spot first, putting a stand in place and jacking it up again from somewhere further underneath.

Last edited:
Snap On rebrands or rebranded the HF Daytona. Snap On took HF to court because their advertising compared their prices.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Get the lowest profile height you can get on the back end where the handle is or it makes it difficult getting under cars without first jacking it up in one spot first, putting a stand in place and jacking it up again from somewhere further underneath.
I have to do this using my car's pinch weld jack to be able to reach the subframe or control arm mounts. It's a real PITA, RIP pinch welds.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Snap On rebrands or rebranded the HF Daytona. Snap On took HF to court because their advertising compared their prices.

Originally Posted by StevieC
I have to do this using my car's pinch weld jack to be able to reach the subframe or control arm mounts. It's a real PITA, RIP pinch welds.

I bought a Harbor Freight special when my jack started leaking oil and didn't think to check this and ended up returning it because the handle end was too high.

Won't comment on the HD one you are looking at, but another vote for the Arcan 3.5 ton jack. Its been a workhorse in my garage for quite a few years now. Low profile and a hi lift. What's not to like?

I got mine at Northern tool and would grab another one today...

I have a Home Depot husky 2-1/2 ton low profile jack and I would only recommend it to someone who is looking to replace a factory trunk jack. It has a short one piece handle which I like but it has a very small saddle. I only paid $20 at HD, it seemed to be either listed incorrectly or some sort of close out.

The 3 ton you posted looks better, just don't cheap out and go for the 2-1/2 ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back