Looking for info on amazon oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vw takes 5w40 and I saw some on Amazon the price isn't bad but it's amazon brand. I imagine the quality is fine but I'd love to hear any info y'all have regarding it. Thank you.

I would say as good of oil as any and cheaper because they don't have to spend millions advertising on NASCAR and tv and radio. A house brand like NAPA or O'reilley oil would be. Probably made and packaged by Warren oil as many private label oils are. I am not an Amazon prime member,but for members shipping is free so that is a plus. I looked a few weeks back on the Amazon reviews and do not recall any users not content with Amazon oil. It meets the API and SN and Dexos and all the certifications so I were to switch brands, (I see no reason too) I would not be hesitant to use Amazon motor oil.

Originally Posted by 1bioguy
found some stuff here...
http://www.pqiamerica.com/

It's interesting to see the dexos approved 0w20 look like it outperforms their 5w20 pretty handily, with a higher TBN , lower NOACK and higher level of moly (almost twice as much).

Overall I'd say the 0w20 looks pretty solid...I'm ringing most of these dexos approved 0w20 oils appear to be pretty similar, with good numbers. I expect similar results with the Rottela Gas Truck 0w20, when those numbers are released.

ramman

Come on! You cant pick up your oil when you are out shopping at Walmart or wherever as part of the errand run? Same stuff.

Just ruin the environment MORE by having this heavy load shipped to your house? And then the FedEx guy run over my cat on the way?

I loose the argument with my wife drinking cases of 750mL glass bottles of Gerolsteiner sparking water shipped from Germany!

Nobody cares anymore. The Native American, by the side of the road, is crying again...

Amazon? Boo!

btw - Project farm's test is less than worthless. Though fun to watch
smile.gif

Last edited:
PQIA only tested the 0-20 SYNTHETIC that looks good + the 5-20 CONVENTIONAL hence the very different specs. Warren the bottler is said to be very good so ask them or as mentioned stir the pot on Amazon. the 5-40 liqui moly i put in girlfriends thirsty 2013 2.5L 60 thou mile malibu is doing well so since i can't get 5-40 supertech figured i would give the amazon brand a go next change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back