Carquet Wearever ceramic pads - good or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ceramic pads = less brake dust

That's the ONLY good thing I will say about them.

Everything else about them, I hate.

I have used those pads on many brake jobs , they will be fine. The main difference ive noticed is the hardware shims are not as nice as oem. They tend to not fit the bracket as well and are a bit thinner than oem. KIA oem pad kits come with the abutment kits for about $80 bucks, why not get them? Biggest factor in a brake job is cleaning the bracket of all residue/rust before installing the shims.

Originally Posted by Thax
I have used those pads on many brake jobs , they will be fine. The main difference ive noticed is the hardware shims are not as nice as oem. They tend to not fit the bracket as well and are a bit thinner than oem. KIA oem pad kits come with the abutment kits for about $80 bucks, why not get them? Biggest factor in a brake job is cleaning the bracket of all residue/rust before installing the shims.

I saw OEM pads at Napa store but they don't have any hardware.
Where do you get it from?
What about Napa's pads btw?

Im only aware of getting OEM pads from the dealer . Almost all KIA oem pad kits that I have seen come with hardware. From what I have used of NAPA's brake line , the premium products are very good. Mid grade is ok , some fitment issues on certain applications.

Big fan of Wagner pads. I do quite a bit of brake jobs and generally use a combo of Wagner pads and Bosch quietcast rotors simply because that's easy to get through work. Never been disappointed with that combination.

I can't comment on those pads specifically. What I will say is for a budget oriented quality pad I've been VERY pleased with Wagner; both the Thermoquiet as well as the OEX.

Your 2017 already needs new pads? How many miles on the car?
crazy2.gif

Rock Auto has the Raybestos EHT pads at a good price
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Your 2017 already needs new pads? How many miles on the car?
crazy2.gif

Rock Auto has the Raybestos EHT pads at a good price
smile.gif

This is exactly what I would do, great pads at a great price.

O'Reilly Brake Best Ceramic(top line)pads and rotors. Had to replace after 2 years because of pulsation. Switched to Autozone semi-metallic pads and rotors. 1 year so far no problems and no brake dust. Had to put AZ ceramic for the rear pads because that's all they had, no problems. There are different grades of ceramic pads. After my experience with the high priced ones I go the cheaper route. I buy Autozone because of the lifetime warranty.

I've tried wearever pads once seem to work ok but was had on the rotors. I like OEM stuff

They are decent but I have not noticed much of any major difference between the gold and platinum other than the hardware kit. So I usually buy the Gold pads unless the car is really old as most factory hardware is better than the aftermarket stuff, even used.
If you have time look at rockauto and amazon. Just as good pads cheaper or better for the same price. The Raybestos EHT are a good pad I have used.

I've purchased probably 20 sets of Wearever Gold and Platinum pads over the past 3 years. I had fitment issues with just about every set. The ears always seem to be too large. I end up grinding them down to make them fit. The platinum pads seem to be the worst when it comes to fitment.

Unless I need something right away, I order Akebonos, which I've always had good luck with.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
You either have a repair shop or own a lot of vehicles 🤣

Ha. We have seven vehicles right now, and I've put front and rear pads on six of my own vehicles over the past couple of years (some of those vehicles are no longer in the current seven). I built a detached garage in my backyard to house and work on my vehicles. It's got a two post lift and over the past 10 years or so, I've pieced together a fairly comprehensive set of tools (pretty rare that I need to go buy anything to finish a job anymore). I end up doing a lot of work for friends and family as well - I donate my time to help them out.

Decided to return the pads and went to a CarQuest store.
A lady asked why I'm returning it - I said I didn't like them.
She started screaming like crazy "What do you mean you didn't like them? We sell these pads to all the dealers around here"
Hahahahaha of course

Originally Posted by Linctex
Ceramic pads = less brake dust

That's the ONLY good thing I will say about them.

Everything else about them, I hate.

I'm with you. They're like trying to stop on bars of soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back