VOA Request -- Rotella T6 15W-40 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if I'm the only one interested to know more about this oil, since Shell hasn't uploaded a PDS / TDS to their site yet.

Can't wait!!

So go ahead and buy a jug, and send a sample in for a VOA! People that volunteer instead of just asking everyone else to do things for them is what made this site great in the past!

MBITOGGA!
lol.gif

I would like to see that as well... but I haven't seen it for sale up here yet, can't order it online either. Just 0W or 5W-40 listed.

manufacturers are getting cheaper than ever with specs, i dont do UOA but a VOA is a good way to find out what manufacturers dont display

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
So go ahead and buy a jug, and send a sample in for a VOA! People that volunteer instead of just asking everyone else to do things for them is what made this site great in the past!

MBITOGGA!
lol.gif

I guess I forgot to mention I'm poor.
frown.gif
Kinda thought that was understood. If I had spare money just laying around, I'd obviously go ahead and send the sample myself.

People like me volunteer and contribute in other, non-financial ways... like compiling a list of the better motorcycle oil options
smile.gif
--> https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...ls-around-15w-40-or-thicker-characterist

I'm sure this T6 15w-40 would make it on that list, but have no data to add. Anybody with money as interested as I am??

P.S. -- I'm not sure what 3 of those letters in that acronym stand for. Please enlighten me.

T6 is typically 5w40 … Shell never mentioned fixing the NOACK (ever dropped?) and RDS is not American …
Not PP for trucks …

Originally Posted by AtomicNumber53
I guess I forgot to mention I'm poor.
frown.gif
Kinda thought that was understood. If I had spare money just laying around, I'd obviously go ahead and send the sample myself.

We'll get lucky and hopefully it will come. If I did spend money on VOAs for every oil I was interested in, I'd be more than poor.
wink.gif

Ordered a test kit, I'll be the guinea pig. Just changed the oil in my Cummins last weekend using the T6 15w-40, so I'm relatively curious how it measures up.

I'm fairly certain that either option would be good for trucks. I'm mostly referring to motorcycles that share a sump for both engine and transmission lubrication.... Some people say the 5w-40 shears too quickly in that regard. Theoretically, it should.... but I'd rather stick to a 15w-40 if at all possible.

I believe the Rotella T6 *15w*-40 actually is the first synthetic 15w-40 for gasoline engines. I think the big 3 "primo" brands (royal purple, amsoil, & maybe redline even? so maybe just 2 brands?) have synthetic diesel rated oils in that weight.... but not gasoline rated oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back