Kendall gt-1 max 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's $5.44 per QRT. Kendall is very good oil but there's oil just as good at your local Wal-Mart for less. Choice is yours if you want to try something different.

Personally I would stick with Mobil 1 or if you have a NAPA auto parts in Kentucky look out for NAPA full synthetic when it's on sale for $2.99 per QRT. NAPA oils are Valvoline.

It is good stuff.
However, I sure wouldn't pay anywhere near that for it.

Sorry, I do not know how to rotate the images back to normal, as I am uploading this from my cell phone. I picked this up at my local 99 cent only store for $2.99 a quart. I already used the Kendall GT-1 Max with Liquid Titanium Full Synthetic 5W-30 in my 1988 civic. It does work like any other name brand synthetic, works great plus I love the titanium it contains. But this is now API SN Plus, and I only used the API SN Kendall. I have a UOA with this oil too but I used substituted 20% Hy-per Lube Oil Supplement.

My local Distributor sells Kendall GT-1 Max in a 12-1 quart case for around $45.00 before tax. Hopefully there's a local Distributor in your area. I've found corresponding with Phillips 66/Kendall via email has been a very good experience. They quickly responded to my questions about their products, and they sent a link that shows where their Distributors are across the country. I use P66 Guardol ECT HDEOs, which they've told me is the same oil as Kendall Super DXA, in my semi truck, and I've used the link to find Distrbutors while I'm out on the road.

I just picked up five quarts of the GT-1 Max Liquid Titanium at the 99 Cent Only Store. They are $2.99 per quart. I will run the Kendall next oil change, then do a UOA to see if I should run it for as long as it stays $2.99. Nice thing about the bottle is that it has two security seals, the cap has one, and the opening has another.

I had picked up a five quart jug of Halvoline, but I will hold off on it pending the UOA report.

That's a sweet deal! I'm looking forward to your UOA.

I'm on my first run of GT-1 Max 5W20 in my wife's 2014 Dodge Journey. I've been using PP 5W20 since it was new. My P66 Distributor's price per quart wasn't great, but I've found a Kendall Distributor that's closer to my house, and the price per quart they quoted is quite a bit cheaper than the price per quart than PP in the 5W20 5 quart jug.

So far so good; Zero consumption switching brands.

Originally Posted by Voleak
I just picked up five quarts of the GT-1 Max Liquid Titanium at the 99 Cent Only Store. They are $2.99 per quart. I will run the Kendall next oil change, then do a UOA to see if I should run it for as long as it stays $2.99. Nice thing about the bottle is that it has two security seals, the cap has one, and the opening has another.

I had picked up a five quart jug of Halvoline, but I will hold off on it pending the UOA report.

The only grade around here at the 99 cent store is 5W30. Is this the same in California?

Originally Posted by dave1251

The only grade around here at the 99 cent store is 5W30. Is this the same in California?

Good catch. I mistakenly posted on this 5W20 thread, I actually bought 5W30 oil.

The 99 Cent store I went to only had 5W30 Kendall full synthetic in stock, though there was a big empty space where at least two other grades could have been stocked. Also, they had 5W30 and 10W30 Phillips66 Synthetic blend.

Originally Posted by dave1251

Good catch. I mistakenly posted on this 5W20 thread, I actually bought 5W30 oil.

The 99 Cent store I went to only had 5W30 Kendall full synthetic in stock, though there was a big empty space where at least two other grades could have been stocked. Also, they had 5W30 and 10W30 Phillips66 Synthetic blend.

It's alright most people are unaware of Kendall and how it's a great deal at the 99 cent store. 5W20 Phillips Shield is also available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back