Remington Rem Oil w/ Teflon for general use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specific to Remington gun oil ‘with teflon'…….. Remington must have fairly recently changed the ingredients/additives to this. What I am experiencing is that the ‘earlier' versions of the oil were extremely light and would "crawl" long the surface. The newer version of the oil is thicker and does not ‘self spread' like earlier. Also, when you shake the bottle, the earlier version creates a ‘foam' whereas the newer version does not. Both cans/bottles say it has Teflon additive and that it's the same oil since (some date). But it's not. In addition to that, the earlier bottles have a lighter green label than the ‘newer' bottles. And yet, Remington claims it is the same oil they've been producing for many years. Has anyone else noted this? Where can I find the ‘good old stuff?'

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
quote:

Originally posted by mjo:
What about the teflon lube spray you can get at a bike shop for bike chains. Has anyone tried that?

http://www.super-lube.com/product_description.htm

Been using this stuff for years. Locks, hinges, etc.

Can be a little hard to find.

Super Lube is top quality stuff, IMO. I use it for everything. Guns, fishing reels, hinges, anything that can take grease.The really nice thing is not only does it work very well, but it's also food safe, so there are no worries about any sort of toxicity from it. You could literally eat it. You wouldn't want to, I'm sure, but you could.

I had guns rust that were "protected" by a wipe down of remoil. This was 10-15 years back. Don't know if it is any better now. Other guns in the same safe using other oils were fine.

Never had rust with BC Sheath. Bad smelling waxy stuff, doesn't migrate.

+1 on Superlube oil & grease - great products and they don't smell !
Originally Posted by littlehulkster
Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
quote:

Originally posted by mjo:
What about the teflon lube spray you can get at a bike shop for bike chains. Has anyone tried that?

http://www.super-lube.com/product_description.htm

Been using this stuff for years. Locks, hinges, etc.

Can be a little hard to find.

Super Lube is top quality stuff, IMO. I use it for everything. Guns, fishing reels, hinges, anything that can take grease.The really nice thing is not only does it work very well, but it's also food safe, so there are no worries about any sort of toxicity from it. You could literally eat it. You wouldn't want to, I'm sure, but you could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back