question about moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is 84 pages of oil analyses. i didn't look through all of them but can you tell me what form of moly is better. I found two different ones. the first one i've been using is liqui moly MOS2 anti friction engine treatment. I found an alternative by schaeffers called moly ep oil. Did anyone due voa's on these two additives and if so can you send me a link to them.

Thanks alot

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome2.gif

Can't help you on this--moly doesn't seem to garner the favor that it did a decade ago, but my suggestion is you get your email out of your signature line. Unless you want a whole bunch of interesting emails.

Last edited:
LOL. Pennzoil Platinum HM had a nice boron and moly combo. I use redline and it has a ton of it but I don't think it's the only thing to consider. Good base, low noack and hths rating are also important too.

The thing is it really depends on an oils whole additive package whether it's needed or not to accomplish friction reduction.

That said, the type of Moly that M1 uses (as 1 example) seems to be the best type when it comes to Moly alone, but that doesn't make other oils using different types or not using it at all any less of an oil because it depends on other additives which can accomplish the same reduction in friction in other ways. That's were the carefully balanced additive package as a whole plays in.

For normal drain intervals finding a Dexos 1 Gen 2 oil that meets the grade and specifications of your vehicle is more than enough regardless of whats in the oil for all non European engines.

Last edited:
Two different products.
Liqui-Moly additive is MoS2 in a carrier.
Schaeffers is their Micron Moly and a thickener like Rislone or STP.
Lots of threads about Liqui-Moly. I've used it, can only say no harm done.

I'm about to do a VOA on schaeffer's Moly EP 132 and LiquiMoly's MOS2 anti friction. Will blackstone do VOA's on oil additives?

Originally Posted by AHernandez
I'm about to do a VOA on schaeffer's Moly EP 132 and LiquiMoly's MOS2 anti friction. Will blackstone do VOA's on oil additives?

Just curious if you ever got the VOA for LM and Schaefer's moly additives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back