Advance Auto battery warranty question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

First off, if I have this question in the wrong place, please advise where it should be moved and I'll do so. OK, my question. 2006 Acura TSX that in Dec. 2016, I put an Autocraft Gold 51R battery in. 3 year replacement warranty. Friday, go to get tires put on. They go outside to wheel car in. Car won't start. Nothing. Dead. They jump it to get it into the bay. Well, need a battery to get home so I buy one there. 110 bucks. Yesterday, I took the battery back to AA. They say the battery is dead, but they need a receipt as they can't find me in the system. I bought the battery at the same location. I locate receipt and they give me a new 159 dollar battery, which I now don't need. Will AA do like a merchandise credit, or am I Craigslisting this baby? Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Kozman011
I locate receipt and they give me a new 159 dollar battery, which I now don't need. Will AA do like a merchandise credit

Not sure....ask AA if they will give you $159 instead....if not see if the tire shop will take there battery back.

$159 AAP Gold battery?? Reminds me why I don't buy them there any more (plus the last AAP one leaked acid all over the front end of the xB & started rusting the front end off)!

Yeah I'd work with the tire shop, explain the situation. You did just drop a bunch of money there and they should be somewhat understanding.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
$159 AAP Gold battery?? Reminds me why I don't buy them there any more (plus the last AAP one leaked acid all over the front end of the xB & started rusting the front end off)!

I think that the cost of their 40% coupons is baked into the price of every item they sell.

It sounds like you are unfortunately stuck with the 2 batteries.

Advance does not keep warranty info for long, (they told me 3 years) and it seems to only be at the store that you bought at. Their receipts also always seem to fade, so I always make a photocopy for purchases like this.

Autozone seems to be the gold standard for warranty stuff as they keep the info in a nation wide database that is accessible from any store.

Originally Posted by JamesBond
It sounds like you are unfortunately stuck with the 2 batteries.

Advance does not keep warranty info for long, (they told me 3 years) and it seems to only be at the store that you bought at. Their receipts also always seem to fade, so I always make a photocopy for purchases like this.

Autozone seems to be the gold standard for warranty stuff as they keep the info in a nation wide database that is accessible from any store.

And you don't even need to keep the receipt. All you need is to give them the phone number you gave them when you bought it
smile.gif

your post was correct when it said '3 year replacement'. you used the battery for 2 years. The store manager at AAP might be able to help you, but to get a full refund will be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back