Do you use a Razor, Shaver or let it grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a 2, 3 and 5 blade razor not all at the same time. But I'm really waiting on the new Gillette 20 blade model when they get the blade price down from $20 each.

Shave, whats that. I have had a full beard for the last 20 years. If it needs trimming just bring out the Whal trimmer.

I let it grow until it's absolutely necessary to shave. I hate shaving.

I really hated shaving until I started using a DE razor. The skin on my throat is pretty sensitive and would always get irritated but a multi-blade razor.

You can get a really close shave with a DE and because I only shave about once a week, the started kit I bought with about twenty-five blades has lasted me around two years at this point.

I only shave once a week. I have German and Italian made single edge razors that I like, but found that even with quality blades and shaving cream, I was getting too many cuts. So on sale at CVS I bought a Bulldog razor for $5 and got a 5 pack of cartridges for $5 with a coupon in the razor box. Now I'm getting excellent shaves with no cuts. There's more drag, but the shave is much closer. The razor is nice with a bamboo wooden handle.

https://www.bulldogskincare.com/shop/original-bamboo-razor/

I shave every other day. I use plain old twin blade cheap razors. I prefer that as they don't shave as close. Close shaving gives me ingrown hairs.

Use either a Shick or Walmart five blade which I switch back and forth monthly-one blade per month.

I think in the first or second year of Saturday Night Live. Double blade razors had just been introduced. They did a pseudo-ad about a THREE blade razor. The crowd went wild at the idea.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
For what area?
Well, if I lived in say, Alaska, I would definitely let it grow.
43.gif

I alternate between an electric razor and a five-blade. I usually shave off the week or so worth of growth with the electric, then finish up with the razor.

Originally Posted by CT8
For what area?

Nothing wrong with a little man-scaping!

For almost fifty years, I used various razors, mostly Gillette. Three years ago I switched to my uncle's Norelco rechargeable shaver, when he passed away.

I really like not messing with shaving cream. razors or after-shave lotions anymore. I should have switched a couple decades ago, when technology for corded razors went to cordless.

I've been using Harry's blades for a few years now. I replace after 5-6 shaves. In the winter, I'll shave every other day because my face dries out. In summer, it's usually every day.

My pops had prostate cancer, so I do no-shave Novermber and let it grow for that month with just a little trimming to keep the neck-beard at bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back