Mystik no.2 Gold tube blue grease-good all around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of having multiple tubs and guns filled with different types of greases I recently purchased two tubes of Mystik no.2 grease, gold outside color, blue in color grease. My use for this grease will be for anything an average person would need to maintain things. Suspension parts, trailers, boats, motorcycles and offroad vehicles, basically anything but commercial equipment. I learned about it from their youtube video and seemed as if it would work for just about everything. It was a bit pricey but my goal was ONE good grease. Did I make a decent choice or should I have another type on hand?

Im not sure which gold tube you got.. there are 3 but I think they are all GC-LB greases.

GC-LB designation means that the grease is suitable for use in wheel bearings or as a chassis lubricant.

Mystik also is rated Outstanding water washout resistance.

The Red High Temp #2 is what i use.. they are all great and similar.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Im not sure which gold tube you got.. there are 3 but I think they are all GC-LB greases.

GC-LB designation means that the grease is suitable for use in wheel bearings or as a chassis lubricant.

Mystik also is rated Outstanding water washout resistance.

The Red High Temp #2 is what i use.. they are all great and similar.

I bought it right from their site, it was the highest price grease, thinking I would pay a lot now and probably not buy grease for another ten years.

I think it's a fine plan as long as you have the iso 220 version, the 100 is not GC-LB. Mystic guy says it's the best grease they make.

I'm a big fan of Mystic grease and use the green, red, and moly versions but have yet to see the synthetic stuff on the shelf anywhere.

I have been using Mystic HiTemp Red for almost everything (except my tractor) for a long time, with no worries. I hadn't even looked into the full syn gold tube. But after reading your question, it does look like a very fine grease indeed for almost anything. I think I might switch next summer when my current tube of red will be gone. I've used Mystic greases, especially the red and green for many years and have never seen any reason to dislike them, and never had a failure, but that isn't much of a scientific comparison to other very good greases out there.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Instead of having multiple tubs and guns filled with different types of greases I recently purchased two tubes of Mystik no.2 grease, gold outside color, blue in color grease. My use for this grease will be for anything an average person would need to maintain things. Suspension parts, trailers, boats, motorcycles and offroad vehicles, basically anything but commercial equipment. I learned about it from their youtube video and seemed as if it would work for just about everything. It was a bit pricey but my goal was ONE good grease. Did I make a decent choice or should I have another type on hand?

We were using that grease at work. The oil will separate out quickly in the prescense of water. Other than that it seemed like a decent grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back