Images uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to fix the images uploaded and how they display back to the way it used to be?

1) Sometimes Images are much bigger than they actually are.
2) Sometimes Images appear smaller than they actually are.
3) Sometimes images are rotated for no reason.
4) Can't do inline images any longer with uploaded images like we used to be able to. Only with linked images.

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
Click Reply
Use Full Editor
Click Picture Uploader
Click Select file
Click Done

It's easier now than it used to be.

[Linked Image]

Wow, that really does work. Thanks.
Now I can start posting photos AGAIN.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Is there a way to fix the images uploaded and how they display back to the way it used to be?

1) Sometimes Images are much bigger than they actually are.
2) Sometimes Images appear smaller than they actually are.
3) Sometimes images are rotated for no reason.
4) Can't do inline images any longer with uploaded images like we used to be able to . Only with linked images.

Thanks,

Steve

Are you using this method of uploading photos? This is the original way it was done ... so now there are actually two way to upload photos. It's been talked about a few times now.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Click Reply
Use Full Editor
Click Picture Uploader
Click Select file
Click Done

Click Reply
Use Full Editor
Click Picture Uploader
Click Select file
Click Done

That's the new second way to upload photos, but you can not embed them into the post text, and they will not show up if you quote a post with the photos if uploaded that way.

If you want embedded photos within your post, you need to use the "Upload inline images" icon button as shown above - the old original way it worked.

I know how to upload and insert inline code. The problem is the way this forum is handling it since the update causing the issues I described that didn't happen before.

What I don't like about it now is you can't preview the photo you're uploading. All you'll get is a tiny thumbnail of it by the uploader bar. You also have no way of typing anything above or below the photo in your post, because you can't see it until after you post it. Then, even if you try to edit it, the photo won't show up until after you repost.

Click Reply
Use Full Editor
Click Picture Uploader
Click Select file
Click Done

"Like"

Would be great if there was a rotate option too, as if you are uploading a phone picture, sometimes the rotation is off.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Would be great if there was a rotate option too, as if you are uploading a phone picture, sometimes the rotation is off.

I just gave up and use Imgur.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

I just gave up and use Imgur.

I might have to do that... The only reason I liked uploading to BITOG was then it was here forever with the threads for history.

Originally Posted by billt460
OK, I just tried it using ZeeOSix's example and you can get a preview. Thanks for posting that. Using just the "Photo Uploader" bar you can't.

Yep, like I said there is now two ways to upload and post photos. The old way works again ("Upload inline images" icon), and the new way using the "Photo Uploader" which limits what you can do with the photo upload.

Here you go:
First post:
[Linked Image]

and second:

[Linked Image]

For some reason those image links start with cdn instead of www.
If you right click on the image, select open in new window, then change the cdn to www the image is still there.
Kind of a pain to get to them, but they are still available.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Here you go...

For some reason those image links start with cdn instead of www.
If you right click on the image, select open in new window, then change the cdn to www the image is still there.
Kind of a pain to get to them, but they are still available.

Blupupher, you are the best!!!!!!!

You made my week as I've been wanting a look at these for a while to compare with my results.

Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back