Canadian Tire Mastercraft Lifetime Warranty

Canadian Tire's best house brand for hand tools is Mastercraft. I had a set of dies that is at least 20 years old. The housing for the die holder cracked and let go so I thought I'd take it in to see if I could get a new holder. The gal typed in the product number, called the manager, and they gave me a new set. No questions asked and no receipt. Unfortunately I had to turn in the old set. Still, pretty good service and warranty. Lifetime warranty means lifetime warranty to them. The girl at the till was actually sympathetic I had to turn in the old set.
smile.gif

6D70C120-57F6-4A3A-B257-7DA2CC499A11.jpeg

466BFA90-C701-4403-90E1-D3803347F52E.jpeg

Last edited:
You should have hung onto it and got a new die holder (perfect time to upgrade to a Starett :D). That new set looks like straight up chinesium. The old one probably was too, but that metal box craftsman is ubiquitous in Canada and I've never heard anyone complain about it.

The problem with the Craftsman lifetime warranty was returning quality US made tools and getting foreign junk in return. Mastercraft has been mostly garbage during my lifetime, did you know that they contracted Gray to make some Mastercraft tools in the past? I have a Mastercraft wrench that is the exact same right down to the font of old school Gray.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
You should have hung onto it and got a new die holder (perfect time to upgrade to a Starett :D). That new set looks like straight up chinesium. The old one probably was too, but that metal box craftsman is ubiquitous in Canada and I've never heard anyone complain about it.

The problem with the Craftsman lifetime warranty was returning quality US made tools and getting foreign junk in return. Mastercraft has been mostly garbage during my lifetime, did you know that they contracted Gray to make some Mastercraft tools in the past? I have a Mastercraft wrench that is the exact same right down to the font of old school Gray.

Thanks, but I think but you worry too much Max. This is the first Mastercraft tool I have ever been able to break. True about being made in China ( and both sets were).
smile.gif

Old thread, but I have this exact same tap and die set, bought on sale for $50 many years ago. At the time I never realized Canadian Tire's Mastercraft tools had a lifetime warranty. Wish I'd known, because I've had to replace many broken taps. They don't sell that set anymore.

But the Mastercraft brand is an enigma. I've replaced a few Mastercraft tools on warranty, but now it seems that this warranty does not apply to all Mastercraft tools anymore. They have a cheap Chinese digital caliper with just a 1-year warranty, but the Mastercraft logo is different from what I'm used to seeing. Old logo on top, new logo on bottom.

Mastercraft logos.jpg

Back