Help with Mann Filter Date Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a couple Mann HU816x oil filters and they arrived, but they look a little funny. They have a date code of 171108. Does anybody know how to decode Mann date codes?

I tried to email Mann Filter ([email protected]), but it bounced back saying I'm not authorized. [censored]??

I'd just like to confirm how old these are. Anyone know?

Looks similar to a Fram date code. If it's the same code format, it could mean the 110th day of 2017.

Probably August 11, 2017; but if the boxes look super old, it might be November 17, 2008
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Probably August 11, 2017; but if the boxes look super old, it might be November 17, 2008
crazy2.gif

Could be Nov 8, 2017.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
crazy2.gif

Could be Nov 8, 2017.

Yes, you're probably right. I got mixed up a bit! I know it's either YMD or DMY, and I had that in mind when trying to make the code. I just got flustered a bit, sorry!
45.gif

Originally Posted by Mark963
I ordered a couple Mann HU816x oil filters and they arrived, but they look a little funny. They have a date code of 171108. Does anybody know how to decode Mann date codes?

I tried to email Mann Filter ([email protected]), but it bounced back saying I'm not authorized. [censored]??

I'd just like to confirm how old these are. Anyone know?

I just bought three Mann 811/80s for my Hyundai yesterday. What's there to suggest they look funny?

Since some speculation involved, my first choice would be the one most obvious to me,11/08/2018. Second choice would be using Julian calendar dating mentioned, 110th day 2018. Distant third, everything about filter and box looks old, 11/17/2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back