130K and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not all that monumental around here, but I rolled over 130K in my Suburban today. (Managed to snap a pic and share with my buddies who appreciate such things!) Had the vehicle for two years. Put on 22K since. Done all full synthetic OCs, rear and front differential services with full synthetic, transfer case drain/fill, new AT filter, new greasable U joints, driver's side motor mount, tranny mount, Tru Cool tranny cooler and inline filter, drain plug in tranny pan, air filter, PS fluid swap, new rear brakes, new thermostat, new plugs and wires. Average about 15mpg in town in winter and 16 in summer. 10 mpg while towing our 4250 lb. travel trailer here in the Rockies.

Been good so far and pretty simple to update parts. Only thing I farmed out was the motor mount to a mechanic with a hoist. The truck has the 5.3 AFE, so the lifter (collapsing) situation concerns me some. Hoping this one has good hardware or had new lifters installed prior to me owning it. 4L60E isn't awesome but seems to be doing okay and I've done about everything I can to set it up for success.

In the meantime, I'll just keep on driving. Based on current mileage, I'll hit 200K somewhere around 2026. Onward...

Good going!

I have 2 vehicles with 300,000 miles (1993 Ford Ranger and a 1995 K3500 1-ton 4WD dually)

^^^^^^^

Exactly. Good going.

And I think it is awesome Linctex that you have two vehicles with more than 300k miles... That's pretty doggone cool.

When I see Threads like these, it just proves to me that if you truly maintain and care for your vehicle, it will give you many miles of safe, reliable and fun travel! Well done, Sir!

230K and counting on my 2003 Suburban. Just replaced the cluster.. as it kept going dead. I pulled it out and it had been rebuilt by GM twice. This time i went with a Dorman. Have replaced alternator, knock sensors, oil pressure sensor and had some brake lines rust out. Bilstein shocks all way around really helped alot. Brakes i put on two sets of brakes not satisfied until I went with Raybestos EHT.

Hoping for another 100K but that will probably take me 10 years.. I only use it to tow.

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to keep working it when circumstances call for it and baby it the rest of the time, all the way up to something past 200k. (181k is my personal best in a 2001 Cherokee with the 4.0L.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back